Visiting the Buchloe facility?

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

gam945

Visiting the Buchloe facility?

Post by gam945 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:35 am

Good morning all, had a question about visiting Alpina's headquarters in Buchloe - I'll be visiting Munich from Canada in two weeks, will be spending just a few days there and as a big fan of the brand I wanted to visit their facility, view some of the cars on display and get some memorabilia (clothing/leather accessories). I know (correct me if I'm wrong) Alpina doesn't offer any kind of guided tours like BMW does - which I've already booked! - due to being much smaller in scale so I mean to only visit the "dealership" part of the facility, the one that's basically open to public.

Now - maybe a very naïve question to ask but would rather know beforehand than on the spot lol - is Alpina very selective about who can visit and who cannot - i.e. if you're not a client or potential client, you'll get shown the door? I'm fairly young (26M) and not in a place to buy any of their new GT models lol, but importing an aging classic is in my plans in the medium term. If that matters I rented a G30 for my trip in France/Germany so maybe I'll get a pass? :-D

Thanks
2002 BMW 540i
Previous: 2002 BMW 330xi

Gorgerak

Re: Visiting the Buchloe facility?

Post by Gorgerak » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:57 pm

I've never been to Buchloe either, but would certainly love at some point - so following this thread!

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:15 pm

they used to do a comprehensive tour, but bmw made them stop. As they were doing to much development work for bmw was the reason and security concerns around leaks of that work. I think you can still go there and see the trim shop in action though

Post by 440 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:26 pm

I visited Buchloe in the summer 2023. No tour of any type and could not get past the barrier to see a new B5 GT they had at the back. Inside there is some history information about the company, a couple of cars inside (when I went they had a B4S and a new B4), and a small shop with barely anything and very few sizes available. There is an open car park 1 minute walk where they keep the cars brought from BMW that have not been to the Alpina factory and look like Frankenstein (i.e. Alpina wheels but no front spoiler).
Attachments
abh.jpg
abh.jpg (4.63 MiB) Viewed 60 times

gam945

Post by gam945 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:22 pm

Thank you all, I'll go there with the hope they have some GT's on display :)
2002 BMW 540i
Previous: 2002 BMW 330xi