Best independent servicing

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

bertonibertone
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am

Best independent servicing

Post by bertonibertone » Mon May 03, 2021 2:02 pm

Sorry all. New topic ...but due to my inability to get my head around the search facility...same old question: can I quickly ask for recommendations for servicing a Z4 Alpina within a 30 mile radius of Twickenham Middx ?

I could go to Sytner Sunningdale which I bought it from but not overly keen. It’s not a money thing...more a knowledge and enthusiasm thing...as I’m sure you know😉.

Surrey, Sussex,Bucks & Berks areas ideal for me but will travel further to get the best.

Many thanks 🙏

hashluck
ALP
ALP
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:15 pm
Location: Berks/Oxon
Contact:

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by hashluck » Mon May 03, 2021 2:27 pm

You have two excellent choices just over 30 miles away but worth the travel - BMR Performance near Gatwick or CPC Amersham, Birds in Iver may be another option but more associated with Hartge

Fast3000
ALPI
ALPI
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Bucks

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by Fast3000 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:24 pm

As mentioned above CPC, BMR and Birds all have a good rep. I have personally used CPC for a number of years looking after the B3S (same engine and as yours :))

Just to throw another one in there - https://bmssurrey.co.uk/
Both head guys that run BMS are ex master techs from BMW. Lee looked after my Z4M when living down souf.
Current
2004 BMW B3S #156 (Keeper)
2015 BMW 320d F30 ED Sport (70mpg)
Previous
2007 Z4M E86 Coupe (Animal)
2006 Audi A4 B7 2.0T (Good car)
2001 Golf GTI MK4 (Meh)
Fiat Tipo GT (Fun car)
Various Fords!

Avtar
ALPIN
ALPIN
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:29 pm
Location: Chertsey, Surrey

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by Avtar » Mon May 03, 2021 5:43 pm

I have been using B&W Chip Tune for about 15 years for all my BMW needs and then when I discovered Alpinas, they did all the mechanicals on my B3 complete suspension, etc. happy to introduce you, they are in Hayes, Middlesex.
Alpina B4 Convertible
Alpina B3 3.3 Coupe 2003 (SOLD)
Alpina D5 BiTurbo (SOLD)
Alpina B3 S BiTurbo (SOLD)
F32 428i Luxury
E46 330ci Convertible
E70 X5 SD (SOLD)

BarryM
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:11 am
Location: Hayling Island

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by BarryM » Mon May 03, 2021 6:35 pm

Lee Shannon is a small independant in Bentley near Farnham and looks after my car as well as E24man's fleet, I think one or 2 others on here use him too. Highly recommended.
2001 Alpina B10 V8 #185
1982 Krauser MKM1000 #121 - sold

bss325i
ALPI
ALPI
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Surrey, England

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by bss325i » Mon May 03, 2021 11:01 pm

We have knowledge and enthusiasm for all things Alpina at BMR performance!
F82 M4 Competition Individual, the last RHD F82 built.

SOLD
E46 B3 3.3 Saloon #450
E92 B3 Biturbo #185
E46 B3 3.3 Saloon #114
E34 B10 Biturbo #445
E36 B3 3.0 switchtronic coupe #185
E46 B3S convertible #34

Jules Sunleu
ALP
ALP
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:58 pm

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by Jules Sunleu » Tue May 04, 2021 7:56 am

I use Birds for my B5 and the previous owner did too (and does for his other Alpina) - I highly recommend Kevin (Bird) and his team and being in Iver (just off M25/M4) they aren't far from you at all. Kevin knows Alpina well and they deal with some high end stuff there (Z8 in there last time I was)
Alpina B5 E61 2005 Touring #007 Special Toy Malachite Green with Caramel Merino Leather. Quaife LSD upgrade
BMW 640D F12 2018 Convertible Daily
KTM990SMT 2013 Summer Toy
Kawasaki ZX6R 1999 Summer Toy
BMW X5 F15 2014 30d M Sport Daily for the other half
BMW Mini R57 2009 Cooper Convertible Toy for the other half

User avatar
Charles
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7530
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:44 am
Location: Oxford

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by Charles » Tue May 04, 2021 8:34 am

Just a quick word in favour of CPC in Amersham - like Kevin (Birds) and Barry (BMR), what Phil at CPC doesn't know about Alpina and BMW probably isn't worth knowing. I've been going there for over 10 years and have always been delighted with the service I have received. Phil himself may be difficult to pin down but his team are excellent, particularly my preferred mechanic, Boris.

CPC Performance Engineering
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Norrie
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: Horsham West Sussex
Contact:

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by Norrie » Tue May 04, 2021 9:15 am

I use BMR Performance, it is very convenient for me as only about 14 miles from me. But as stated here that are a number of excellent providers to choose from depending on ones location.
E65 B7 4.4 V8 supercharged No 106 (1 of 7 in UK) - purely for pleasure
E 39 523i for winter and track day - leave it anywhere
E92 325i - written off by X5 I was not driving!
E92 335D Twin Turbo - sold to Sytner Alpina
E 60 - 525D new - sold to Cooper BMW
E 60 - 530D new - sold at auction
E 39 - 520i new - sold at auction
E 30 - 316i new Touring - sold at auction

bertonibertone
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by bertonibertone » Thu May 06, 2021 7:27 am

hashluck wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:27 pm
You have two excellent choices just over 30 miles away but worth the travel - BMR Performance near Gatwick or CPC Amersham, Birds in Iver may be another option but more associated with Hartge
Much appreciated. I’ll try that. Thanks.

bertonibertone
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by bertonibertone » Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 am

Fast3000 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:24 pm
As mentioned above CPC, BMR and Birds all have a good rep. I have personally used CPC for a number of years looking after the B3S (same engine and as yours :))

Just to throw another one in there - https://bmssurrey.co.uk/
Both head guys that run BMS are ex master techs from BMW. Lee looked after my Z4M when living down souf.
Very useful. Much appreciated.

bertonibertone
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by bertonibertone » Thu May 06, 2021 7:29 am

Avtar wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:43 pm
I have been using B&W Chip Tune for about 15 years for all my BMW needs and then when I discovered Alpinas, they did all the mechanicals on my B3 complete suspension, etc. happy to introduce you, they are in Hayes, Middlesex.
Thanks Avtar. I’ll add that to the list. Much appreciated.

bertonibertone
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by bertonibertone » Thu May 06, 2021 7:30 am

BarryM wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:35 pm
Lee Shannon is a small independant in Bentley near Farnham and looks after my car as well as E24man's fleet, I think one or 2 others on here use him too. Highly recommended.
Thanks Barry. I’ll add Lee S to the list of candidates! Cheers

bertonibertone
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by bertonibertone » Thu May 06, 2021 7:33 am

Jules Sunleu wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:56 am
I use Birds for my B5 and the previous owner did too (and does for his other Alpina) - I highly recommend Kevin (Bird) and his team and being in Iver (just off M25/M4) they aren't far from you at all. Kevin knows Alpina well and they deal with some high end stuff there (Z8 in there last time I was)
Thanks Jules. I’ve known of Birds fir years having had a set of Hartge wheels donkeys years ago but wasn’t aware they’d deal with Alpina, too. Now added to the list of candidates! Cheers

Jules Sunleu
ALP
ALP
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:58 pm

Re: Best independent servicing

Post by Jules Sunleu » Thu May 06, 2021 12:11 pm

bertonibertone wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:33 am
Jules Sunleu wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:56 am
I use Birds for my B5 and the previous owner did too (and does for his other Alpina) - I highly recommend Kevin (Bird) and his team and being in Iver (just off M25/M4) they aren't far from you at all. Kevin knows Alpina well and they deal with some high end stuff there (Z8 in there last time I was)
Thanks Jules. I’ve known of Birds fir years having had a set of Hartge wheels donkeys years ago but wasn’t aware they’d deal with Alpina, too. Now added to the list of candidates! Cheers
Very welcome and yes they look after a lot of Alpina. I use my local BMW for mine and my other half's normal BMWs but the B5 only goes to Birds.

Note to Mods, sorry when I went to reply to the post I hit report by accident! Oops!
Alpina B5 E61 2005 Touring #007 Special Toy Malachite Green with Caramel Merino Leather. Quaife LSD upgrade
BMW 640D F12 2018 Convertible Daily
KTM990SMT 2013 Summer Toy
Kawasaki ZX6R 1999 Summer Toy
BMW X5 F15 2014 30d M Sport Daily for the other half
BMW Mini R57 2009 Cooper Convertible Toy for the other half

Post Reply