B3S - Buying / inspection issues

Thinking of Buying one - ask your questions here.
Buying guides, Specific questions about a car, or about a particular model, ALPINA characteristics.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

D4
Administrator
Administrator

Post by D4 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:16 pm

ref the Tracker - the prices you mention are to have the tracker installed - I though ALL or close to all ALPINA's would have tracker installed from new (at least by the 1st owner given that most insurance companies would have insisted on it.

If that is the case then it should be £30 joining fee and about £125 a year or £350 for lifetime of the car...
2011 BMW 520d M Sport Saloon
2008 BMW 120i M Sport 5 Door

Previous ALPINAs
1984 E28 B9 3.5
1989 E32 B11 3.5
2000 E39 B10 V8 Touring
2005 E85 Roadster S #344

Twitter: d4bmw (follow me for all the latest ALPINA updates and other car related guff)

Achitophel

Post by Achitophel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Have now had Phil's report back on the car...bit mixed.

Nothing terrible, but on the other hand, there are quite a few little niggles which need to be addressed. Big Motoring World have agreed to do the work or nearly all of it for the original price of £19k, but I'm still in two minds since with the number of things to be fixed, it looks like there may have been some hard driving involved. That said, it's a pretty good price given the spec, age and mileage.

Will be having a look at another BS3 over the weekend which should give me a better basis of comparison. I may even (whisper) look at a M3!
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- GBS