Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Desperate for something for your ALPINA.<br>
Ask here and hopefully someone can sort you out.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Post Reply
d3-blue
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 am

Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by d3-blue » Thu May 06, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi all, as above really, looking for a d3 bi turbo, preferably touring as want to be able to get my bike in the back but realistic as these are rare so also looking at a saloon (e90/91) Based in east anglia, budget up to 10k really.
Anyone got anything please let me know :D

Many thanks

Jamie
Alpina d3, no 454
mini cooper s


ex, evo ix fq320,
focus rs,
civic type r,
206 gti (wifes.....)

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 4119
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincs

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by hap » Thu May 06, 2021 6:44 pm


hap
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 4119
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincs

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by hap » Thu May 06, 2021 9:18 pm


d3-blue
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 am

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by d3-blue » Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 am

Hi, thanks for the reply hap. Unfortunately the one on ebay is above budget at the moment and as for the one on auto trader, i`ve tried multiple times to contact the owner by phone and message over the past week or so and they haven`t responded, there`s a post in the for sale section here where they are saying how they`re struggling to sell it which i`ve responded to, even pm`d them but nothing so not surprised they`re struggling. Shame as it would probably be just right for what i want.
Alpina d3, no 454
mini cooper s


ex, evo ix fq320,
focus rs,
civic type r,
206 gti (wifes.....)

Wellsy
AL
AL
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: South Bucks

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by Wellsy » Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 am

Don't worry about getting an E90 and putting bike in the back, I take my large Mountain bike in my E90 by simply removing the back seats. Takes literally 10mins. Or you can also retrofit the E91 Touring drop down rear seats although finding the right rear bench will be tricky.
D3 Biturbo 2009.
Black with Gold Decals
Piano black interior trim (looking for trim with Gold inlay)
Upgraded Stereo system

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 4119
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincs

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by hap » Fri May 07, 2021 8:08 pm

If you can stretch to 11 then the dealer may have it it’s nice and it will be a while before any more come up they grey touring appears to have sold
Worth a call I reckon

d3-blue
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 am

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by d3-blue » Fri May 07, 2021 10:18 pm

Wellsy wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 am
Don't worry about getting an E90 and putting bike in the back, I take my large Mountain bike in my E90 by simply removing the back seats. Takes literally 10mins. Or you can also retrofit the E91 Touring drop down rear seats although finding the right rear bench will be tricky.
Oh really? that`s interesting, tbh i hadn`t even considered doing that, do you have any pictures of how much room that gives through the back? pm me if you prefer. I was kinda getting round to the idea of a roof rack but i`m not overly comfortable with riding round with a bike worth more than the car on the roof!
hap wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:08 pm
If you can stretch to 11 then the dealer may have it it’s nice and it will be a while before any more come up they grey touring appears to have sold
Worth a call I reckon
Yes it`s a lovely car and i`ll give it some thought but i`m conscious of the possibility of having to get the timing chain done, then i`m starting to get into the realms of an f31.
Alpina d3, no 454
mini cooper s


ex, evo ix fq320,
focus rs,
civic type r,
206 gti (wifes.....)

Wellsy
AL
AL
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: South Bucks

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by Wellsy » Mon May 10, 2021 11:33 am

d3-blue wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:18 pm
Wellsy wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 am
Don't worry about getting an E90 and putting bike in the back, I take my large Mountain bike in my E90 by simply removing the back seats. Takes literally 10mins. Or you can also retrofit the E91 Touring drop down rear seats although finding the right rear bench will be tricky.
Oh really? that`s interesting, tbh i hadn`t even considered doing that, do you have any pictures of how much room that gives through the back? pm me if you prefer. I was kinda getting round to the idea of a roof rack but i`m not overly comfortable with riding round with a bike worth more than the car on the roof!
hap wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:08 pm
If you can stretch to 11 then the dealer may have it it’s nice and it will be a while before any more come up they grey touring appears to have sold
Worth a call I reckon
Yes it`s a lovely car and i`ll give it some thought but i`m conscious of the possibility of having to get the timing chain done, then i`m starting to get into the realms of an f31.
Hi again,

Well I ride a 2019 Vitus E-Sommet in large 27.5wheels. All I do is take the front wheel off, drop the seat. I have a large tarp I take with me so I can sit the bike in it and slide it through.
In this picture I was testing it with the bike clean to see if it fitted. After 3 hours blasting round Surrey Hills needed the tarp.
bike in boot.jpg
bike in boot.jpg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 358 times
D3 Biturbo 2009.
Black with Gold Decals
Piano black interior trim (looking for trim with Gold inlay)
Upgraded Stereo system

d3-blue
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 am

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by d3-blue » Tue May 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi, thanks for the pic. Looks like this is a good way to go although may need come up with a solution for my seatpost, maybe take it out each time, will have to see.

Thanks again for the Suggestion as i hadn`t even thought of it.
Alpina d3, no 454
mini cooper s


ex, evo ix fq320,
focus rs,
civic type r,
206 gti (wifes.....)

CaesarBob
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 3735
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by CaesarBob » Tue May 11, 2021 7:23 pm

d3-blue wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:17 pm
Hi, thanks for the pic. Looks like this is a good way to go although may need come up with a solution for my seatpost, maybe take it out each time, will have to see.
Assuming you’ve got a proper (mtb) bike :wink: , dropper posts are the best invention. Get one of them. :dance
B3 3.2 TOURING #062

d3-blue
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 am

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by d3-blue » Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 pm

Haha, it`s a proper mtb but i race xc so rarely have need for one. Maybe now`s the time :wink:
Alpina d3, no 454
mini cooper s


ex, evo ix fq320,
focus rs,
civic type r,
206 gti (wifes.....)

CaesarBob
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 3735
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by CaesarBob » Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 pm

You’ll have more concern for the weight penalty though, but personally it’s less of a issue for me. :boohoo :lol:
B3 3.2 TOURING #062

Wellsy
AL
AL
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: South Bucks

Re: Wanted-d3 bi turbo, preferably touring

Post by Wellsy » Thu May 13, 2021 2:25 pm

d3-blue wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 pm
Haha, it`s a proper mtb but i race xc so rarely have need for one. Maybe now`s the time :wink:
Yh I have a dropped post that drops the seat almost to the frame. From what I've seen though XC is becoming more trail and even some pretty serious down hill sections. The Dropped was the first thing I fitted to mine and its up and down all ride. I would certainly recommend thinking about it. Any section where your standing up just gets the seat out the way and gives you much more room to move around on the bike.
I think in the future I may pop the pedals off too and they stick out surprisingly far.
D3 Biturbo 2009.
Black with Gold Decals
Piano black interior trim (looking for trim with Gold inlay)
Upgraded Stereo system

Post Reply