theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Section Sponsor
Whats your fuel economy like ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Costs, Insurance, Polls etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_C
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive the car with plenty of mechanical sympathy but still as Alpina intended Cool on a mix of quick roads - I deliberately do very little urban driving in the B10.

Four tanks of super into my ownership I'm consistently getting 22 to 23 mpg average out of a tank. I think that's pretty good given the driving I do, plus the fact it's an auto with a honking great V8 and weighs not too far off two tons Smile
2010 D3 BT #97 - Sold
1998 B10 V8 #71 - Sold
dubbers
ALP
ALP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still getting used to the car, back to a manual after the auto of the 535d. It would seem that it takes about 20-30 miles of motorway driving before the car returns excellent economy which is a bit longer than the 5er or E83.

Last tank was brimmed with Shell V Power diesel (61L) used 61.33L (0 range) refilling it and travelled 620 miles. I had used some of the performance which must have dented the initial range as it had shown over 700 miles just after filling it up Wink . The calculated mpg is about ~46mpg the OBC shows 48.7mpg (~5% over reading).
Estoril Sport
ALPI
ALPI

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still running in the car so trying to keep under 3000 rpm, still less than 500 miles on the clock. In suburban traffic only getting about 22 mpg, however I did a drive today on a round trip start to finish:

Duration 50 mins
37 miles
Consumption 33.6 mpg
Average speed 46.3 mph (on the journey there are a few speed cameras).

I think that its quite good Razz and should be better once run in.
christrim
A
A

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just travelled 200 miles from lincolnshire to southampton and got 36mpg according to the obc. My cars an e36 3.2 running on shell v power.

That's better than my old 323.

Car has a new maf, which should pay for itself in no time with current fuel prices.
gazoo
ALPI
ALPI

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: B5 Reply with quote

Hi folks

Does anyone have any stats on B5 fuel consumption?
Kyle
ALPIN
ALPIN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mate, lots check my sig and its link Smile
ALPI
ALPI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Fuel consumption Reply with quote

Bri-E / D3 MT / 2007 / 40 average over 26500 miles which includes Aston Martin test track / Best 52 / very short runs to work 38.
Shell V-power diesel only
Chas
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is no trick. it was achieved over 50 miles but I'd be happy to repeat the test over a much greater distance and in a more scientific manner. If you know your bmws, you'll recognise this is an E36; I only have one of those, it's a bit bigger than a 318, and it's allergic to heavy oil Wink

Who says you can't have your cake and eat it?
sward
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I get a trip computer average of 47 mpg, using Shell V Power diesel. I don't use the car for short trips; my journeys tend to be at least 20 miles, and often longer, using a mix of roads.
On Friday night I decided to see how economically I could do a typical work-day journey, on this occasion from Leicester back home to Birmingham, which is about 49 miles. I zeroed the computer mpg, and set off keeping up with traffic, but driving as gently as I could without being silly! On the motorway I dropped into lane 1 and carried along with the trucks. That wasn't much slower than anyone else in lanes 2 and 3 were doing on a Friday evening. Luckily I missed the worst of the rush hour in Brum so didn't have to stop at lights for long. Overall mpg impressed me....

emmab10

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: lpg Reply with quote

im getting 24.8 in the b10 3.3 but ive only had it a day, but its running lpg so you can double that figure where cash is concerned Very Happy
jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B10 V8 Touring 141k - 148k

7,000 miles in five months of ownership ... between 20 & 33mpg as indicated by onboard computer and tank to tank refills.

Five thousand of those miles have been Aberdeen - Oxford - London - Swansea runs, when motorway cruising computer has shown 29 to 33mpg at constant 70 to 80mph.

One motorway run saw a trip average of 30mpg @ 70mph ... by way of comparison the 1.6 petrol Focus we used when the the B10 had to be recovered home from Swansea (air suspension unit failure) averaged 40mpg @ 70mph.

After the Inspection II service at 145k in June consumption reduced by an indicated 2mpg both at urban and motorway duties Very Happy

All in all I`m pretty amazed at how well it does; it warms up from cold quicker than any other car I have owned.
B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue ... SOLD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Costs, Insurance, Polls etc. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: