Save Croft

Ok we have one - here's an opportunity to have one - if you got a point of view about something and want to share it - here's where you do it.
Petrolhead
ALPINA
ALPINA

Save Croft

Post by Petrolhead » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Not sure if any of you have heard but Croft circuit is facing closure as someone living in a house next to the track (which they moved into long after the track was built) has just won a court case forcing the circuit to pay £150,000 compensation to the family in the house due to apparent "Loss of quality of life" as a result of living near the circuit. They are now trying to get the circuit closed down altogether.

Doesn't it make you sick. It's always the same with these situations, people living next to the track complain of the noise. Simple solution, don't move next to a bloody race track!

I also found out that the woman in the house who took the track to court is the ex-wife of the guy who runs Croft.....

Anyway, there's a petition online. All it needs it signatures:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/saveCroft/sign
My Website!

"If you don't feel out of control, you're not driving fast enough." - Mario Andretti

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by B10BRW » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Good bit of research, Alex.
Have signed the petition :D

It was the same with my old Clay pigeon club, neighbours complained who were at least 2 miles away. Thanks to them we had to reduce our shooting to once a fortnight :cry:
They had also moved in knowing there was a Gun club nearby :evil:

ianf
AL
AL

Post by ianf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:37 pm

I can't believe it! Don't buy a house next to a race track if you don't like it! i hope they get a 'blight' on their house and have to sell it cheaply to a racing enthusiast. I have signed the petition natch.

PS I look out at the back of my house over a graveyard - puts the willies up somepeople - wonder if I can get them dug up?

Ian
B10 V8 no 609. Sadly sold for Chrysler 300CSRT8 Touring. Not a patch on the Alpina, but big bang per buck!
now back in a BMW 540i sport

Geoff
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Geoff » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:04 pm

ianf wrote: PS I look out at the back of my house over a graveyard - puts the willies up somepeople - wonder if I can get them dug up

Ian
:lol: :lol: :lol:
B3 BiTurbo Coupe (#104)
B10 3.3 (#055) Sold
Austin Healey 3000 BT7 (Sold)

Every day is a winding road.

Ikule
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: Save Croft

Post by Ikule » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Petrolhead wrote: I also found out that the woman in the house who took the track to court is the ex-wife of the guy who runs Croft.....
Hmmm i think this is the most telling part of this story..........a woman's wrath and all that :roll:

anyway, signed!
Steve C

'98 B10 3.2 #88 (for summer cruising)
'04 Mini Cooper S (commuting/sacrificial shopping trolley target....)
'94 325i Coupe SOLD
'88 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i SOLD
'90 Astra MkII GTE 16V (Turbo conversion) SOLD

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by neil » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 am

Bloody Stupid - This country gets worse !

PATAKET
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PATAKET » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm

There are, or used to be, issues like this at Anglesey although I think this was resolved by them (the circuit owners) buying the land out. There were issues at Curborough which led to very stringent noise testing. Last time I was there there was uproar when the tester kept ruling cars out, which had been passed as OK elsewhere. In the end he gave up as everyone was moaning at him. Again, issues raised by residents who had moved there long after the circuit was established. Idiots.

If I didn't like Tornados or Eurofighters coming over the rooftops at 100 ft I wouldn't have moved here 8)

PÃ¥ Taket

Charles

Post by Charles » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Not quite the same but my neigbour has been farming sheep here for almost 50 years. A couple of years back he let the new lambs out into the field behind us - which backs onto a housing estate at the other end. For the first day or so, the lambs were quite vocal trying to find their ewes.

Guess what - a new resident in the estate complained about the noise :!:

The good news is that the noise officer just laughed at him :D

"Nowt so queer as folk" - but in the case of Croft, I can't help thinking that "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Joe
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by Joe » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Also signed.

Shame you can't sue someone for being a pain in the a*se as well as being fundamentally stupid for living there in the first place.
Jaguar XKRS
B3 Bi Turbo Coupe, Alpina Blue (#205) - SOLD Feb 11
Vauxhall Meriva VXR - family "sprint'a'round"
1987 Lotus Esprit Turbo Limited Edition 15/21
Porsche Cayman S - SOLD Dec 08
B10 V8S Saloon (#132) - SOLD April 07

blacky
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by blacky » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:24 am

croft is about 10 miles from me & the people that made the comp are the mother & farther of the owners ex wife

they are the nost unpopular people in the north east at the moment as croft village stands to loose a lot by croft not being used

thye are alowed 40 days a year of that i think 30 are taken by big events (touring cars & gp bikes)

so i cant see it lasting another year on the income of 10 trackdays

im shocked the judge didnt see it was a personal issue nothing to do with the track
the start of something good

PATAKET
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PATAKET » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:28 am

I would be very sad to see Croft go under, spent some happy days there. I even saw Rowan Atkinson crash his Aston Zagato one time, what a mess.......... :(

PÃ¥ taket

ALPB1033
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ALPB1033 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:04 pm

Just signed. Stupid woman and she must want more than half of the owner estate when divoice. Greedy bxxch who make us suffer for lasing a circuit!

mac
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by mac » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:26 pm

How stupid can you get!!!!
She must be blonde, thought she was buying a cottage next to a Scottish Farm.
Only realised her mistake when she thought a large cow was mooooooiiiinnnnnng but it turned out to be a throaty V8.
Signed up!
Mac.

blacky
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by blacky » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:54 pm

in the devorce she got the two houses he got the track
she lives in one & moved the folks in to the other
they are complaining as the track has grown to over & above what they thought it could as the laws on the road are forcing people on to the tracks
i think its more the road tyres making to much noise in the corners on track days

but it is just as they have 2 houses that are going down in value same as every other house in the country & the track is getting bigger & bigger
the start of something good