Carpet cleaning Bissell

Discuss all aspects of Car Care / Detailling etc.
Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Carpet cleaning Bissell

Post by Wellsy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:56 am

Hi all,

Bought myself a Bissell carpet cleaner last week and spent some time cleaning the Mat's, Seats and carpets. Really satisfying and quite surprising on the results. I have a soft drill brush, spray bottle with carpet cleaner and warm water then the Bissell extractor.
The middle of the seats were starting to look a bit dull and flat so a good going over with this method and they have come up like new (Cloth centre to seats). I then did the mats and the same pulled out loads of grim. Then on to the carpets and pleasantly surprised they were pretty clean but still came up like new.
I now have a small queue of family cars that need doing, my wife joked and said I should do it for others and charge for it as I seems to enjoy it. (It was very satisfying).

If anyone wants to refresh carpets, mats and cloth seats I would highly recommend.

Mark.
E90 D3 Biturbo 2009 No114
Black with Gold Decals
Piano black interior trim (looking for trim with Gold inlay, watch this space :P )
Upgraded Stereo system

Rav
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: Carpet cleaning Bissell

Post by Rav » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:06 am

Nce work Mark.

I boght a steam cleaner on Friday and did the same to my daughters VW Lupo. The stuff that came out of the seats was yuck!! Looking and smelling a lot fresher now. I will try on the Alpina carpets when it stops raining!
1999 #032 Alpina B3 3.3 saloon (UK Press Car) - Buchloe Beast
2000 Porsche Boxster S - Viola
2015 Audi A4 Avant Ultra - Wife's car
2002 VW Lupo 1.4 16v - Daughter's car

Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Re: Carpet cleaning Bissell

Post by Wellsy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 pm

My Carpet weren't to bad, I guess as they are covered by the mats pretty well. The stuff I extracted from the Mats was black, even though I had jet washed and scrubbed them last year. I also did the front seats and that was pretty grim too. I'm going to do them all again and keep doing passes until everything comes out clear only then will I be happy.
E90 D3 Biturbo 2009 No114
Black with Gold Decals
Piano black interior trim (looking for trim with Gold inlay, watch this space :P )
Upgraded Stereo system