Things to do

Rambling from the Sage of Oxford
Charles

Things to do

Post by Charles » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Just reflecting on how lovely the car is to drive with a refurbished gearbox, a young HG (plus new head) and new ALPINA shocks all round and I am putting together the next list of things to do:

The front end needs a respray (but that can wait until the spring)
There are a couple of small rust bubbles (but not progressing quickly and can be done when the front end is done)
The steering rack is getting tired (but then it would be after 283k miles!)
The driver's seat side bolster is still awaiting attention (but not getting any worse)
The centre cap stickers need changing (but I keep forgetting to go to Pukar Designs website)

Not too bad for the old girl at this stage but trying to find the time when she is my daily driver is a nightmare.
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Jervint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Jervint » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Charles I have to say I'm in the same boat. Front end needs attention on mine. Find it very hard without the car. Seems to eat the whole day sorting even the smallest thing so a day off just disappears chasing the cars needs.

One thing I would say is that the centre caps were some of the best money I spent on mine. Hardly took any time to swap over but made such a difference.

I had a third car which made things so much easier but I flogged the old girl in Jan...maybe that would be an option for yourself? A Merc M class can be had for peanuts, so can a multitude of Japanese cars. My dad loves the Honda Legends. It's £500 you can get back when you're done with it?

Charles

Post by Charles » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:12 pm

I plan to change the logo stickers over the winter, once the winter set are on the car. I can also fit the original sticker inside the caps that I sourced years ago when I had the wheels refurbished but - once again - haven't managed to get round to it.

I also plan to get a second set of stickers to replace the BMW ones on the winter set.

The steering rack is the next big job and this might even happen later this month ...

Getting there!
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Jervint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Jervint » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:11 pm

Will feel great when you get there. I imagine you're like me with a minor OCD towards stuff!