Shots after winter detail

Thought we'd tempt out our budding photographers. Share your photos. We'll add different themes from time to time.
Jlam

Shots after winter detail

Post by Jlam » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:33 pm

I had my car in for a winter detail recently, thought I'd post some after shots which were taken with my camera phone, so they're not great but still show how clean the car is!

This is what was done -

Safe Tender Loving Care two bucket hand wash using PH balanced non-detergent shampoo with an ultimate 100% wool wash mitt carried out
Vehicle Microfiber towel dried

Car chemically decontaminated then Clay barred to rid any stubborn stains such as tar spots/tree sap etc

Swissvax Cleaner Fluid applied to prepare the surface of the paint for the wax
1 x Layer of Swissvax Shield Wax applied (More layers can be applied at an additional cost).

Protection detail spray

Exterior Glass treated to Nanolex Glass Ultra Sealant applied to form a fully transparent, super slick barrier that repels rain, sleet and snow on contact. The sealant works in conjunction with natural airflow over the car to rapidly disperse water droplets at speeds in excess of 30 mph, resulting in vastly improved visibility and driving comfort, even under extreme weather conditions.

Exterior plastics dressed

Wheels cleaned, Microfiber towel dried, 1 x Layer of Swissvax Shield applied and tyres dressed

Exhaust Treatment

Interior vacuumed

Interior Glass cleaned
E92 B3 Coupe
E82 135i Coupe (gone)
Civic Type S (gone)

BarryM
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by BarryM » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:26 am

Looking very nice 8)

I'm particularly taken by the "Exterior Glass treated to Nanolex Glass Ultra Sealant applied to form a fully transparent, super slick barrier that repels rain, sleet and snow on contact. The sealant works in conjunction with natural airflow over the car to rapidly disperse water droplets at speeds in excess of 30 mph, resulting in vastly improved visibility and driving comfort, even under extreme weather conditions"

Did you make that stuff up or notice it while driving :D
2001 Alpina B10 V8 #185
1982 Krauser MKM1000 #121 - sold

Jlam

Post by Jlam » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:04 am

So far so good with the window coating, I'm not sure how long it'll last though. I've used Rain-X before which helped, the rain beads up and you don't need to use the wipers as much, this is similar. This stuff appears to repel ice too, my car was the only one without a fully iced up windscreen immediately after it was applied, it did have ice on the following day but it wasn't stuck to the screen itself, came away very easily.
E92 B3 Coupe
E82 135i Coupe (gone)
Civic Type S (gone)

flyboyben
ALPI
ALPI

Post by flyboyben » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:27 pm

looking great! 8)
2005 Roadster S #306 - owned since 2018
2009 B3 Bi-turbo coupe #157 - owned since 2011
2015 F31 335d Xdrive - purchased Sept 2021

Jlam

Post by Jlam » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks! Just so hard to keep clean in winter!
E92 B3 Coupe
E82 135i Coupe (gone)
Civic Type S (gone)