Car Crowd near Nottingham.

A place to plan / discuss / debrief about ALPINA meets

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

The Hybrid
A
A

Car Crowd near Nottingham.

Post by The Hybrid » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:33 pm

I was just wondering if anyone had been to this place yet?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on ... kingId~%7D

Think I might take a trip down one day as it’s not to far from where I live but I was wondering if anyone else had been?

Doesn’t look like they’ve got an Alpina in the collection yet.
Proud owner of a D5 #92 :dance

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: Car Crowd near Nottingham.

Post by B10BRW » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:56 pm

Interesting idea, you are buying a part ownership in cars you are not allowed to drive, basically paying for someone else to buy, own and drive his cars. :shock:
Why didn't I think of that :doh

Wellsy
ALPI
ALPI

Re: Car Crowd near Nottingham.

Post by Wellsy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:39 pm

I spent some time talking to these guys at the NEC.

The basic concept is they are creating a museum of classic and collectable cars. The cars can be offered for promotional/paid work or appearances. The shares you buy are based on the value of the car when purchased so over time as the value of the car goes up your shares are worth more and I think if the car earns money you are paid a share of any profits.
For example the 3 door Cossie they bought at 55K I think and they sold 1000 shares at £55 each. At certain points of the year they ask all share holders if they want to sell the car based on the valuation at that time, share holders then vote keep/sell. Plus at any point you can instruct them to sell your shares to get your money out.
They are basically riding on the wave of classic car appreciation over the last few years and hoping that continues.

Your right you can't drive the cars you invest in, but investors basically get to have a close up viewing of the car either at the café or any events it attends.
E90 D3 Biturbo 2009 No114
Black with Gold Decals
Piano black interior trim (looking for trim with Gold inlay, watch this space :P )
Upgraded Stereo system