New - A FAQ about the new BMW ALPINA D3 Bi-turbo Coupe

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

neil
Administrator
Administrator

New - A FAQ about the new BMW ALPINA D3 Bi-turbo Coupe

Post by neil » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:12 pm

I've just added a FAQ about the new BMW ALPINA D3 BITURBO Coupe

This FAQ was compiled by ALPINA GB and was initially designed for their own staff. It was felt that it would be interest to members of this site - hence it is now here:

http://www.theALPINAregister.com/d3faq.php

Note I have also been asked to open up a competition for the first person to answer the final FAQ - I'm looking for an email with the main answer as to why the statement is true - send it to me (Neil@theALPINAregister.com)

First person with the correct answer wins a prize !

Cheers

hythe
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by hythe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Presumably a trick question, given that they give AN answer earlier on in the FAQ... I'd have thought a more significant factor is the loss of the chip on the driver's shoulder vs the M-Sport version...

Rather nerdy, but you notice how it refers incorrectly to Alpina AG - Alpina is a GmbH, not an AG!
2016 D3 #296
2012 Range Rover

Former:
2005 B5 Touring #007
1996 B8 4.6 Touring #014
2011 1M Coupe

PATAKET
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PATAKET » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:28 pm

I reckon it is TRUE and HOW they have achieved it is a little SNEAKY........they have put a couple of cardboard boxes containing printed copies of the FAQs into the D3s boot, fitted carefully around the full-size spare that the frustrated prospective owner has already placed in there. The hot air generated therefrom performs a sort of levitating effect ( aided by the lack of sunroof in the standard spec so the hot air can't escape), thereby achieving the twin trick of negating the weight of the additional wheel AND reducing the kerbweight in one go.

My prize of qty one D3 rear Michelin PS2 to be delivered to Thick Fit York branch asap please so I can persuade them to fit it for me.........

Pa Taket

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by neil » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:48 am

No entries yet ;)