New arrival

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Angstman

New arrival

Post by Angstman » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:56 pm

As a new member, hello to all people with an Alpina in their lives, past or present perhaps. I noticed you didn't have to prove you had a direct interest to register 🙂.
But as it happens I do, a first timer in Nov 2018 after the D3 was recommended as a sports car by Which magazine, of all places, in its annual car survey. I'd had a few sports cars before but all mainsrream high volume, not of this pedigree. I could not resist the coupe, it's the most beautifully shaped model of the three options. The loss of a rear seat a small price to pay. I love everything about it, always feels like a treat to jump in. Stunning performance yet every-day useable, although my girlfriend would say its uncompromising and skittish on poor surfaces, and I don't argue. It feels like a track car, at the end of the day! I don't have the luxury of a second car so it gets 'normal' use but lockdown and its after effects definitely did me a favour, typical mileage has plummeted. Even so, almost 80000 mls now so I'm wondering about timing chain at some stage. I see there are maintenance forums so will have a longer look there and check out the detailed advice that many experienced contributors have to offer. Anyway, apologies for a super long intro spiel. Enjoy your motoring 😄
D3 BT Coupe (2011) #243 since Nov 2018