Does anyone has more info on this E21 with Alpina bits?

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

alexandros075

Does anyone has more info on this E21 with Alpina bits?

Post by alexandros075 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:37 pm

Hello Everyone ! Looking into buying my first classic car around march this year I stumble upon this E21 (I have to apologize as is not an alpina, but I have to try here as there are stickers of this forum on the car) with some alpina bits. It was sold by a chap that has a dealer called Doolan Classics. The car seems to be a swiss import.

The car seems to be in quite good nick and was sold for about 7K if my memory serves me well. I lost my chance and it got sold before I saw it.

Later that year (July) I saw the car was arguably sold in collecting cars for 2.6K !! (https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1978-bmw-e21-316i) Lots of pictures here.

And around a month if was posted for sale again on classic cars for 6.5K, now it has been reduced to 5K.

Do someone from here knows the car by any chance? I presume there must be something wrong or weird going on as its been changing hands quite a lot in the recent months, but would be nice to know if someone from this forum has owned the car previously. I am somewhat tempted to buy it but when I saw the detailed pictures on collecting cars it seems to have a very poor paintjob and rust in some areas. It just seem like a good option as it is MOT/Tax excempt and I live in London and need to clear the dreaded ULEZ.

Many thanks for the help or more info on this car that you can provide me

Kind Regards
Alex