E46 B3S service schedule

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Wibble

E46 B3S service schedule

Post by Wibble » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:54 pm

Hi guys. Newbie here so forgive me if this is already been asked, however I have tried a couple of searches without success. Can anyone help me with a copy of the service requirements / schedule of the B3S in e46 guise. I have looked at the 330ci for the same year as a starting point but wondered if anyone had a copy of the official alpina version. Just purchased the car and would like to cross reference what has been done with the schedule and try and fill in the gaps of my next routine service beyond changing the engine oil. Any help appreciated, Ed.

davettf2
AL
AL

Re: E46 B3S service schedule

Post by davettf2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:15 pm

Hi, Just looked at the B3S supplementary handbook that came with the car and there are no specific service requirements listed. Plus the original service book is that for any BMW. Thus mine has followed the service schedule for a normal 3 series petrol.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Dave

jolls
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by jolls » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:49 am

Welcome to the forum. Would this be of any help to you? https://www.thealpinaregister.com/downl ... cklist.pdf

It doesn’t give you the mileage that the services should be carried out at but the service indicator on the speedo instrument cluster should give you an idea when the next service is due. Some members will carry out additional oil services in between the inspections 1 and 2.
B3 E46 no.265

Charles

Post by Charles » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:01 pm

The schedule is approximately every 14k miles, alternating between an Oil service and an Inspection.

There used to be two different types of Inspection (I & II), but the only difference was changing the plugs, and this changed such that they are the same - so now it is oil changed every 14k miles and plugs/filters/etc every 28k miles.

Personally, I change the oil every 7k miles, inspect/replace the air/pollen filters as required and change the gearbox oil and fuel filter every 60k miles. Brake fluid and coolant is changed every 2 years.

Hope this helps
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Wibble

Post by Wibble » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:46 pm

That's very helpful. Thanks all.