F10 D5 Bi Turbo - purchase advise

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Rav
ALPINA
ALPINA

F10 D5 Bi Turbo - purchase advise

Post by Rav » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:10 pm

Dear friends.

I am considering upgrading my Alpina B3 3.3 and Boxster S to a single car and what a car - the F10 shape D5 Bi Turbo from the 2013 MY.

The car in question is # 182. She currently has 138k miles on her and has had her timing chains changed at BMR in the last couple of years.
I am considering a purchase but am worried that the Diesel will be a let down after the B3 3.3 petrol engine i am used to. Also, as i asked previously I am worried about owning a diesel as these are really being demonised recently. I don't drive many miles as I work from home, so most of the time the car would just sit, and look pretty. The car would mostly be used for weekends and outings with the wife and children and i plan a driving holiday to Italy, Switzerland and through Europe.

I wanted to ask what i should be looking for on this particular car? Any common failure modes? Will the suspension be exhausted? Anything else I should consider? I have booked the car in for a inspection at my cost at BMR in mid Sept.

Bob helped me to find this conversation on the forum about this very car. It seems to have been owned by a eclectic gent. viewtopic.php?f=57&t=25058

I also need some advise on what price to market my B3 3.3. Any ideas most appreciated.
1999 #032 Alpina B3 3.3 saloon (UK Press Car) - Buchloe Beast
2000 Porsche Boxster S - Viola
2015 Audi A4 Avant Ultra - Wife's car
2002 VW Lupo 1.4 16v - Daughter's car

D3orbust
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: F10 D5 Bi Turbo - purchase advise

Post by D3orbust » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:29 pm

The best car I’ve ever owned as it’s just a great all rounder for our family, which is why I’m ordering another.

We’ve packed the car up for weekends away to Scotland/London etc with no problems, insurance/servicing is very cheap and despite being a 2012 it still receives a lot of complimentary remarks from fellow road users and people who just stop to look.

Still turn my head to look every time I park up.
B5 G30 number 332 (development car)

D5 number 21

D3MT number 284 (gone but will be sadly missed)