Maybe repost - Alex + B10 at Donington

Funny or serious - place to post links to car videos

Moderator: neil

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe repost - Alex + B10 at Donington

Post by neil » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:08 pm

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cXPlu_d2f4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cXPlu_d2f4&hl ... 2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

KevinB10
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by KevinB10 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Great video, I like the way Alex just reels in the cars ahead. :)
Kevin

Chas
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Chas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Nice one Alex, and much respect for your dad for letting you take the wheel like that.

That's a very pronounced green sunstrip on the windscreen; is that standard? :wink:

Petrolhead
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Petrolhead » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:30 am

Thanks for posting Neil. That was the first test for the Eagle F1s on the B10 and they seemed pretty rubbish, but from our time at the ring we learnt we had to let a lot of air out of them compared to the reccomended pressures, then they'd grip on a par with the PS2s. We were running quite low pressure at Rockingham and they seemed pretty good, but unfortunately it had a bit of a negative effect on shoulder-wear of the tyres.

I have to say I preferred Rockingham to Donington, I know it doesn't really suit the big B10 quite as well but it was a bit more involving to drive with a lot of different corner types, even more so than at Donington. Would be great to give Rockingham a go in a nimbler car, a Roadster S or a hot Mini would be very good round there.

Yep I do really appreciate Dad letting me drive it, I know I'd think twice if I had a son about letting him loose on track in a 350bhp car.

Chas, I think the video makes that sunstrip more noticeable than normal. It's just a factory option for the green tint at the top of the windscreen.
My Website!

"If you don't feel out of control, you're not driving fast enough." - Mario Andretti

ALPB1033
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ALPB1033 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am

Alex now you know how much your Dad love you!
To me the Rockingham track doesn't suit the big car like the B10. That is one of the reason I didn't take the car out in the afternoon. The other reason was the instructor who gave me lesson made me nearly sick and I was nearly thrown.
I did enjoy the drive with Andy in the B6 GT3 and now I knew what it is like in race. But I still suspected he didn't drive the car in its full potential because of the safety of the public passenger in car.

nealpina
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by nealpina » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:56 pm

That is excellent driving Alex! 8)
Oscar Wilde & Burkard Bovensiepen: I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

ALPINA B3 3.2 Coupe Switch-Tronic ALPINA Blue
ALPINA B10 3.3 Saloon Manual Mora Metallic