No votes
don't know
17%

Total votes: 29

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by jamesa » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Super in both the Audi V6 and B10 ... predominantly Shell as it`s always way cheaper than BP ... why, because the handbook / filler requests it.

Like Chas have only run the B10 on standard once, a £20 motorway `top up` for ten miles ... doubt it ever reached the injectors.

The Audi idles and pulls from low revs much better on the Super.

When I used to run Subaru`s the Super was way better, really noticeable on mid & top end pick up.

The Accord Type R was absolutely terrible on standard :!: , `pinking` badly on mid & top end load.

From the `research results` that I have seen the Super does clean the internals significantly better. The BMW vehicle involved was not affected by the Super, this being put down to the extremely efficient engine management system.
Ex. B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue : Current M2 DCT (OG)

Alpina Jim
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Alpina Jim » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:03 pm

It's a don't know for me as I have used Shell optimax 99.9% of the time and have only popped a couple of gallons of other stuff in if desperate.

What I do know is that I would not use an inferior oil in the engine and as my B10 has a 98 ROZ sticker on the instrument cluster then 98 RON (I assume it is the same) it is for me and not 95.

Jim

'98 B10 3.2 #174 in Alpina Blue owned since 13th Sept 2002.