What do people think about the new S60R ?

Discuss and Respond to our roadtests written for FastSaloons.com, Autoroadtests.com, FastHatchbacks.com, FastTrackdaycars.com or indeed theALPINAregister.com

Moderator: neil

neil
Administrator
Administrator

What do people think about the new S60R ?

Post by neil » Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:02 am

I really liked the new S60 R - what do Volvo owners think...

Networkguy

Post by Networkguy » Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:12 pm

Not sure about the S60 but I am waiting for my dealer to tell me when I can buy a V70R :twisted:

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Review of V70R

Post by neil » Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:08 pm

Just in case you haven't seen it there is a review of the V70R in Autocar 48 (27 Nov 2002) Page 23.

They're final verdict was the car a let down due to poor dynamics and vast price (£37,000).

It sounds as if the autobox is part of the issue - it can only cope with 258lb ft of torque vs. 295lb ft in the manual. They also remark that most buyers will want the auto - so the manual is not the best buy for risduals.

The car is not exiciting or fun to drive. They suggest buying a V70 T5 and saving £7k.

sorry man

KCMark

S60R

Post by KCMark » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:53 am

That is rubbish! I just got one and it rocks. It is the 6-speed manual and it a great car. The active chassis control really gives the car character. The mid-range rumble of the turbocharged 5 is simply brilliant. Great drivers car, very comfortable. Oh, the dolby surround stereo is top notch.

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by neil » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:09 pm

We're set to test the car at the end of April and so I'll be able to comment better - certainly the Volvo's are setup softer than the some of the other cars we drive. I have driven the new S80 with a cut down version of the active suspension and that still lack some finese of rivals like BMW.

But we always keep an open mind about these things so hopefully we'll agree with you.

cheers

Neil

neil
Administrator
Administrator

OK The test is done and written up

Post by neil » Fri May 21, 2004 11:07 pm

OK The test is done and written up

I frankly loved the car - it's not perfect but still great fun and nowhere near being as disappointing as the Press made me expect.

Click the photo for the story