E46 Leather Seats

Place to discuss your non-ALPINA car / problems with your car

Moderator: neil

Audrius

E46 Leather Seats

Post by Audrius » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:39 am

Hello Guys,

Changed my Clio couple of weeks ago to E46 Coupe. I was offered quite a good price IMO, so i went for it. Now everything is spot on with the car, just one thing - cloth seats (as i am only young and drive around 100 miles a day so 318 is a sensible option for me)... And BMW with cloth seats is not a BMW :(

I thinking changing the seats. Now there are plenty of seats to buy online, but i am thinking about a nice M3 ones, which are electric ones.

Does anyone know, if it is posible to change (i am pretty sure it would with a right amount of money :) ) as they are electric ones. Also, is it a big job and would it cost me arm and leg?

Thanks
Audrius
Renault Clio 182 Cup
BMW 318 CI ES

joylove
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by joylove » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:46 am

It's unlikely the wiring will be in place. If you google for 'E46 electric seat retrofit' you may find some detailed write ups on e46fanatics or bimmerfest. Note that leather seats are freezing in winter, so you'll want heated ones, and electric seats will add a fair bit of extra weight. You may also need memory modules if you want the memory function. The coupe and cabrio used a different setup in the switches, where the relays were mounted on the motors.

Audrius

Post by Audrius » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:39 am

Hi Joy

Thanks for the info... tha narrows my search a bit now.

I assume the non-electric seat swap should be reasonably straight forward till i get the coupe seat.

A
Renault Clio 182 Cup
BMW 318 CI ES