theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

... a Mini Cooper D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> This week I will be mainly driving....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorchio
ALPI
ALPI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: ... a Mini Cooper D Reply with quote

Black, with white roof and mirrors.
Manual + sports suspension (I think).
Happily does 100mph, but a lot of tyre noise.
Steering is go-kart-like.
Can't comment on torque steer; daily commute is mostly straight.

Only for today, though, while they fix the heatshields on the B3.
2002 B3 3.3 #588
ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ... a Mini Cooper D Reply with quote

Scorchio wrote:
Black, with white roof and mirrors.
Manual + sports suspension (I think).
Happily does 100mph, but a lot of tyre noise.
Steering is go-kart-like.
Can't comment on torque steer; daily commute is mostly straight.

Only for today, though, while they fix the heatshields on the B3.

You won't find any torque steer on these...we had the Mini JCW (211hp, 260Nm) for 3 days last week and thrashed it. No torque steer. Our older 1.6 Cooper has none either...they've got those diffs well sorted Cool. Found the straight-ahead steering feel a bit vague and numb, but fine in cornering. Very different to ours as that feels positive always.

Have to say, the JCW is positively bonkers......similar horses to our D3BT but totally different delivery (didn't really like it as we always seemed to be thrashing it...and going too fast, really Rolling Eyes ) and we'd probably go for the standard Cooper S when the time comes. Without the Chili red roof, mirrors and interior the JCW had, too Shocked
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> This week I will be mainly driving.... All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: