Advice needed

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Rav
ALPINA
ALPINA

Advice needed

Post by Rav » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Some questions...on my 2000 B3 3.3 Saloon

1. I topped up the oil and the squeeking noise (like belt squeel) went away. After a longer and harder drive today, the squeel is back. Any ideas?

2. I dont think that I have heard the main fan come on since owning the car. The car engine gets very hot and stays hot for a long time, but the temp needle stays put in the middle of the range. Any ideas?

3. The CD changer 6 disc will not come out and the radio in the car is stuck in a strange mode. No sound, only the consumption per mile (which would make greenpeace cry)
Update - I reasearched this fault and it seems that removing fuse number 7 and 41 cures this. I did this and hey presto - Fixed - but only for a short while.
The CD changer had no power - but this was due to the power connector being broken. Does anyone know where i can get a new connector from - like a black plastic connector with three wires going in?
What is the single wire and does the CD player need this to work? Is it a fibre?

4. The wheel centres are difficult to get on. I dont want to break any keys. Any reccomended ways to get the centres on?
Update - I have snapped a key. All keys have the same serial number - but not all keys open all wheel centres. Where can i buy new keys?
1999 #032 Alpina B3 3.3 saloon (UK Press Car) - Buchloe Beast
2000 Porsche Boxster S - Viola
2015 Audi A4 Avant Ultra - Wife's car
2002 VW Lupo 1.4 16v - Daughter's car

jolls
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by jolls » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi Rav and welcome to the forum.

4. The wheel centres are difficult to get on. I dont want to break any keys. Any reccomended ways to get the centres on?
Update - I have snapped a key. All keys have the same serial number - but not all keys open all wheel centres. Where can i buy new keys?

It seems like you may have a mismatch of keys and locks? Sytner Nottingham should be able to help. I have recently used this company below and received great service although some other members might be able to provide you with details of a UK based firm

https://www.fmw-tuning.de/bmw/alpina-45 ... t-bmw.html

Hth.
B3 E46 no.265