theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1998 pre-vanos b10v8 valley gasket diy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA - Car Advice / Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad_b10v8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: 1998 pre-vanos b10v8 valley gasket diy Reply with quote

Hi all

got a water leak coming from under the inlet manifold somewhere, thinking either valley gasket or the two coolant pipes that runs above the valley plate from the water-pump to the coolant manifold that joins the heads

either way may as well refresh the lot while its in pieces Smile

scouting about regular m62 diy threads and youtube time-lapse videos i don't think its beyond a Saturday on the spanners, but thought worth posting up here in-case any of you have done it already and have some nuggets of wisdom or better yet a list of parts and part numbers for all the gaskets that will need changing along the way...
Oneball
AL
AL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may take you more than a day depending on what else you find that's wrong. I'd plan it over two weekends if you can so you can draw up a parts list of stuff that you find needs doing.

The two points I can think of when I did it that probably aren't mentioned are:

1. When you take the inlet manifold off any debris and muck will fall into the inlet ports. Do everything you can to clean the crud away form the area where the two join. There will be loads!

2. All the guides I looked at were for LHD cars. On RHD the engine ECU is on the other side so the engine wiring loom is joined to both sides of the car. Make sure you remove all the engine connectors, including sump, temp etc. and bring them up so they're on top of the engine. It's a right pain to get the inlet manifold out from under the loom as you have to pull it high enough to clear everything then slide it forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA - Car Advice / Information All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: