B5 for sale

The place to discuss ALPINAs currently for sale - discussing ALPINAs other than your own.
WINNE1
ALPI
ALPI

B5 for sale

Post by WINNE1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:20 am

Only £10990 for a B5 I need that bigger garage.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... -4/6903273
B6 convertible 4.4 black with silver decals .
B5 saloon 4.4 black with silver decals .

AidanB10
ALPI
ALPI

Post by AidanB10 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:38 am

Miley but the cheapest B5 i've seen yet!
'00 E39 B10 V8 Saloon #456 (Weekend) - Traded
'10 E90N D3 BT Saloon #262 (Daily) -Traded
'06 E60 M5 Saloon (Daily)

Bebs
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Bebs » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:19 am

What a car for the money! A 550i is not much less..
Looks like original 751 supercharger as well.
B5 Touring (now sold)| 360 Modena| Granturismo S | Smart4two

bal

Post by bal » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:45 pm

That's my old one, I part exchanged it for an RS6 last year.

It did need new brakes and rear tyres when I sold it so not sure if those will have been done as the mileage hasn't increased much from when I had it.

The interior also needed alot of work with lots of scratches on the door handles and by the window switches caused by previous owners which I never got around to sorting

Other than that its was in very good condition so hope it's been looked after since.

If anyone has any questions on it let me know.

nealpina
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by nealpina » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:29 pm

Bebs wrote:Looks like original 751 supercharger as well.
How can you tell? and the difference from original to newer?
Oscar Wilde & Burkard Bovensiepen: I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

ALPINA B3 3.2 Coupe Switch-Tronic ALPINA Blue
ALPINA B10 3.3 Saloon Manual Mora Metallic

PhillV8S
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PhillV8S » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:12 am

This is a newer version. The castings circled in the picture are not on the earlier models. HTH.

Range Rover SDV8.
E64 B6s #100 Cabriolet (Now Sold)
Maserati Gransport

nealpina
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by nealpina » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:58 pm

PhillV8S wrote:This is a newer version. The castings circled in the picture are not on the earlier models. HTH.
Thanks
Oscar Wilde & Burkard Bovensiepen: I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

ALPINA B3 3.2 Coupe Switch-Tronic ALPINA Blue
ALPINA B10 3.3 Saloon Manual Mora Metallic

CharlesM
ALP
ALP

Post by CharlesM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:37 pm

I went to look at this yesterday. The dealer is selling it for the heirs of his friend who owned it and is not getting any commission. It is pretty much together, drives very nicely and gots lots of history. He said they have turned down one offer of £9.5k as they have no money issues and are happy to wait.

It definitely needs new front discs and as mentioned above has scratches around the window buttons. That can be sorted easily.

I made my bid conditional on getting a px of my Alfa at a sensible price but with the dealer selling it having absolutely no skin in the game I was on a hiding to nothing.

It's kind of hard to see where one can go with this, at 159k miles and likely big bills to follow. Dealer thought it would sell at this price as it was cheaper than an M5.

Dealer was genuine, honest and straightforward.

bal

Post by bal » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:28 pm

CharlesM wrote:I went to look at this yesterday. The dealer is selling it for the heirs of his friend who owned it and is not getting any commission. It is pretty much together, drives very nicely and gots lots of history. He said they have turned down one offer of £9.5k as they have no money issues and are happy to wait.

It definitely needs new front discs and as mentioned above has scratches around the window buttons. That can be sorted easily.

I made my bid conditional on getting a px of my Alfa at a sensible price but with the dealer selling it having absolutely no skin in the game I was on a hiding to nothing.

It's kind of hard to see where one can go with this, at 159k miles and likely big bills to follow. Dealer thought it would sell at this price as it was cheaper than an M5.

Dealer was genuine, honest and straightforward.
How are the wheels looking? I had those refurbished before getting rid of it.

When I picked it up 3 years ago I managed to get it for £9,750 and got the same when I part ex'd it 18 months ago for my RS6. It had been for sale for a while went I got it nd they had dropped the price quite a lot due to the lack of interest and mileage, I think they started with it up for £15k

CharlesM
ALP
ALP

Post by CharlesM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Wheels looked great.

Tyres good - Michelin front Dunlop rear.

You did well at that price, the more I think about it the more I think this was a good miss.

Did seem very together though.

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:58 pm

It's not too late to go back at least you know it's providence and have viewed yet
Go for it its a great price for a lot of car

bal

Post by bal » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 pm

CharlesM wrote:Wheels looked great.

Tyres good - Michelin front Dunlop rear.

You did well at that price, the more I think about it the more I think this was a good miss.

Did seem very together though.
Yep it did drive spot on the only reason I got rid of it was because I just couldn't get on with it probably because I hardly drove it and I got an amazing deal on the new car

CharlesM
ALP
ALP

Post by CharlesM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:40 pm

I'll pass until at least my Alfa is gone. My gut feel is that while it feels together now, some very big bills are on the horizon - it's still on original shocks, subframe bushes are likely to need doing and front discs absolutely. I also got the strong understanding that the dealer had no say in the decision at what price to sell, so those small bits of horse trading that get the deal closed might not happen. It makes it an easy avoid at the price he indicated they were likely to settle at (£9999).

Onwards and upwards.