theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally Ordered It

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> General ALPINA Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b6_order

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

Hi all. I finally (after many years of dreaming) ordered my baby. 2018 B6 Grand Coupe, ED pickup approx. late July! I originally registered the morning I ordered to get some opinions of the colors, etc.. but it took a few days for the registration to clear, so now I am just posting because I think you may be some of the few people to appreciate it!

I went with: Alpina Blue (couldn't resist), Amaro Leather/Gray Poplar, Exec Package, Driver Assistance, B&O Sound and Night Vision.

I have read your forums from time to time while researching, good to (almost) be a part of it.

I reallllly wanrted Alpina badges until I read your forums Smile... not to start up a debate that seems to be well covered in the past.. so, we'll see on those.

Well post some pics from Munich in July/Aug.
Brooke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 700 miles on my 2017, virtually same specs. You'll love it. My build date was not what I was originally promised, hope yours is.
http://www.thealpinaregister.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21357&sid=b315d8e5f21066648d5f17a4aa53ebde
dodgyken
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

b6_order wrote:

I reallllly wanrted Alpina badges until I read your forums Smile... not to start up a debate that seems to be well covered in the past.. so, we'll see on those.

Sod the badges - go for the stripes Smile
b6_order

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: B6 Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
I have 700 miles on my 2017, virtually same specs. You'll love it. My build date was not what I was originally promised, hope yours is.
http://www.thealpinaregister.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21357&sid=b315d8e5f21066648d5f17a4aa53ebde

Thanks, I think I may have noticed your post a while back and it may have influenced my choice, so I am glad you like it.. Re: date, the only thing (apparently) that I have going for me is that I am doing Euro Delivery. My past experience with ED and BMW is that since the slots are limited, and since people plan flights, etc.. that once you get a date, they typically make it. But, alas, I don't have my date yet, so we'll see. Either way, can't wait.
b6_order

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

dodgyken wrote:
b6_order wrote:

Sadly, it's a lease, so I think I will run into problems .. If I end up buying it off lease I may do that..
dodgyken
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

b6_order wrote:
dodgyken wrote:
b6_order wrote:

Sadly, it's a lease, so I think I will run into problems .. If I end up buying it off lease I may do that..

You should be able to spec the stripes from Alpina as an option
B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you specify Stripes ( Deco-Set )when ordering, they are Free of Charge Very Happy
b6_order

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

dodgyken wrote:
b6_order wrote:
dodgyken wrote:
b6_order wrote:

Hi guys - are you Europe based? The BMW NA ordering guide (and configurators) don't have the kit as an option. My guess is I could possibly have my dealer call and request it, but curious if anyone ordering from North America has been able to get stock stripes.

Thanks!
b6_order

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

b6_order wrote:
dodgyken wrote:
b6_order wrote:
dodgyken wrote:
b6_order wrote:

Hi guys - are you Europe based? The BMW NA ordering guide (and configurators) don't have the kit as an option. My guess is I could possibly have my dealer call and request it, but curious if anyone ordering from North America has been able to get stock stripes.

Thanks!

Just noticed you listed Weald of Kent, so got my answer! I wish I could drive my B6 on some of those roads out your way instead of the New Jersey turnpike Very Happy
dodgyken
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

b6_order wrote:

Just noticed you listed Weald of Kent, so got my answer! I wish I could drive my B6 on some of those roads out your way instead of the New Jersey turnpike Very Happy

Get on to your dealer - and/or contact Alpina directly. I can see no reason why stripes would pass US type approval.

I'm in Switzerland - so you crank the road jealousy up a few notches. I drove NY to Washington a few years back - and that is not an enjoyable road at all!
HouTexAlpina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

[quote="dodgyken"]
b6_order wrote:

I'm in Switzerland - so you crank the road jealousy up a few notches. I drove NY to Washington a few years back - and that is not an enjoyable road at all!

For sure. I've ridden a lot of the Swiss Alps pass roads by motorcycle a number of times, especially the ones around Andermatt (Susten, Furka, Grimsel, Nufenen, St. Gotthard, and Oberalp that you can do in a big loop), and they are my favorites in all of Europe. Next best would be the Dolomites in northern Italy and then the high passes of southern France.
b6_order

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

dodgyken wrote:
b6_order wrote:

Get on to your dealer - and/or contact Alpina directly. I can see no reason why stripes would pass US type approval.

I have an email in to the dealer. I don't think it's an approval issue, just the systems weren't set up to support the ordering.

I spend a good amount of time in Europe, including Basel, Zurich and Geneva, so I am indeed jealous. That's why I do Euro Delivery - to at least drive it for a few days on the autobahn (well, the 7% discount doesn't hurt!).
Brooke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Ordered It Reply with quote

b6_order wrote:
The BMW NA ordering guide (and configurators) don't have the kit as an option. My guess is I could possibly have my dealer call and request it, but curious if anyone ordering from North America has been able to get stock stripes.

My dealer/SA didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the striping ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> General ALPINA Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: