D3 Wanted - Saloon/Touring

Desperate for something for your ALPINA.<br>
Ask here and hopefully someone can sort you out.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

bigh

D3 Wanted - Saloon/Touring

Post by bigh » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi,
I have been 'lurking' on here for a few weeks now, doing my homework on what options and specs are available on these lovely looking D3's. Options it would seem are very few, with the LUX Pack on the BT's pretty much the only extra tick box at time of purchase it would seem.

Anyway if anyone is considering selling there Alpina soon or know of any member on here contemplating a change, please add to this thread.

Whilst I'm here, I am thinking of going to see the car below on the weekend, your views and comments on price etc would be appreciated of course. I would rather the car was a different colour, but perhaps a good place to start seeing what's out there at the moment.?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 382669?v=c

Just saw this MT that looks to be in stunning condition, and is very local to me. I hunk that this could be worth a look to. Again comment on price etc?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... =p&adPos=1

D3orbust
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by D3orbust » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:14 pm

Where were you exactly a year ago when I let my immaculate MT go for £7800.

I wouldn't hesitate buying the first car from Birds as they seem to have a good reputation on Pistonheads.

The second car is slightly over priced in my opinion.

If it was me I'd go for the Bi-turbo and have the decals applied ASAP.
B5 G30 number 332 (development car)

D5 number 21

D3MT number 284 (gone but will be sadly missed)

Paulb
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Paulb » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:38 pm

You have PM.

On the early D3bt's there was options of the BMW Performance steering wheel and the digital auto air-con and 19" wheels.

The manual air con it's that great, the digital is far superior. The Silver trim can be easily replaced if you preferred Piano Black (they click in / out)

As for the difference between the Mt and the BT - it's a wide gulf to be honest in terms of performance.

The Birds car is priced about right as is the one in the link I sent you.

For me, i'd always have a touring - they're rarer with only 85 ever made and handle just as well (if not slightly better IMHO).
Nothing to see here.... move along in an orderly fashion please!
E91 D3 Bi-turbo Touring #004 - (sold)
E46 B3 3.3 Saloon #032
F31 D3 Bi-turbo Touring #172
Mk1 Focus RS #516
Mk3 Focus RS Heritage #8 of only 50
and a 1987 Sierra RS Cosworth (currently being restored)