Paitnless dent removal - great guy in home counties

Discuss all aspects of Car Care / Detailling etc.
Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

Paitnless dent removal - great guy in home counties

Post by Metrics » Sat May 21, 2016 4:27 pm

All my cars have suffered from the usual parking dents from previous lives. I've always parked at the far end of car parks to avoid the usual discourtesy others tend to show when opening doors, but recently I opened the door of my recently acquired TT (yes I know, total hairdresser's car) on my 190 on the driveway, and the door slipped and hit the wing mirror of the Merc putting a 5p sized dent in the upper door, right next to the door handle. Every time I opened the car I saw it and it really grated on me. Time to get help.

I remember seeing "Marc the dent man" around my neck of the woods for many years, got in touch and he headed over today to sort out 3 of my cars including the Alpina.

Wow, bloody amazing what this guy can do. The TT had a nasty one in the rear quarter as well as the usual in the doors, including the one I put in - all gone.
The Alpina was literally covered - all four doors with multiple dents, two in the NSR quarter panel and one nasty one in the bonnet. All gone - you'd never know it had any dings at all.

I didn't take many before and after shots - quite difficult to capture the dents in photos, but very visible to my critical eye. The worst one on the B10 is attached below - looked like someone had kicked the door at some point?!

Big thumbs up from me - anyone round this part of the world needing PDR, Marc is highly recommended. Lovely chap, very friendly and clearly a petrolhead who appreciates special cars.

www.marcthedentman.com

2019 G31 B5 Biturbo No.299
2012 F10 D5 Biturbo No.13
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet

Alpina Jim
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Alpina Jim » Tue May 24, 2016 8:53 pm

it's great to hear that there are still people out there doing a quality job.

My brother had a newish Volvo with aluminium panels that took a beating when he got caught in a giant hailstorm abroad and all the flat panels were left with multiple dents. He used someone in Cornwall to remove them and after a couple of days hard work it looked like new again.

Do you mind me asking what sort of price it cost to have the various panels sorted on your B10, although I guess you had an all in price for the three cars? What I am after really is if you had to pay per panel or whether you got a better price the more work you had done.

Thanks.
Jim

'98 B10 3.2 #174 in Alpina Blue owned since 13th Sept 2002.

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Metrics » Wed May 25, 2016 11:59 am

Alpina Jim wrote: Do you mind me asking what sort of price it cost to have the various panels sorted on your B10, although I guess you had an all in price for the three cars? What I am after really is if you had to pay per panel or whether you got a better price the more work you had done.

Thanks.
Hi Jim

I think his standard rate is £65 per panel, but he'll look at each job and do it at a reasonable price if there's scope.

Worth trying him and getting a quote.
2019 G31 B5 Biturbo No.299
2012 F10 D5 Biturbo No.13
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet

Alpina Jim
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Alpina Jim » Thu May 26, 2016 9:54 am

Many thanks for the info and pm Asim. Reply sent.
Jim

'98 B10 3.2 #174 in Alpina Blue owned since 13th Sept 2002.

Annavor

Paitnless dent removal great guy in home counties

Post by Annavor » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:32 am

look for paintless dent removal.... should be able to find bunch of people that do it. Just had it down at the dealership. just like new now

___
XRumer 12.0.17 + SocPlugin : Most popular soft for posting in social networks