B3-3.2 Touring In South Africa

Thought we'd tempt out our budding photographers. Share your photos. We'll add different themes from time to time.
nealpina
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by nealpina » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:30 pm

MCB wrote:
nealpina wrote:With the South African plate - I think the car knew that it will move to Essex :wink:

The A12 is the main road A road in Essex - I know bad joke :oops: :D
It is not a South African plate. It is his personal UK plate that he had put on the car when he bought it from Sytner Warwick in 98.

After living in South Africa for a while he registered it there and sold the A12 plate. When he returned to the UK he then bought the plate that is on the car today.

Yes, I know the A12 very well. It would be nice to have that plate still on the car :D
Was hard to tell with what will be considered (unsure back then), to the illegal size number plate :wink:

Aware you know the A12 hence why I was joking about the car moving to Essex :wink:

Seriously good to see the car is South African and at Sytner ALPINA's 50th :D
Oscar Wilde & Burkard Bovensiepen: I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

ALPINA B3 3.2 Coupe Switch-Tronic ALPINA Blue
ALPINA B10 3.3 Saloon Manual Mora Metallic

Chas
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Chas » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm amazed at how different the Tourings look without roof rails. At first glance I thought it was an E39! Still miss my old one.

MCB
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by MCB » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:10 pm

@ Mickl

Yes Mick. The rear springs look as though they have been shot-blasted as they don't have a single bit of paint left. Courtesy of the South African roads no doubt. Although it is surprisingly clean and rust free underneath. But then I do have paperwork from South Africa showing that he had it regularly cleaned top and bottom.

@ nealpina

You are right there Neal. There is no way that you would get away with that number plate today. A definite MOT failure.

@ Chas

It is funny that you say that. Because when I first saw the car for sale I did think it was a 5 series. I still think the car would look better with the roof rails. But she is what she is and we are very happy to own her :D

Thanks for all your kind comments guys. I am glad that you enjoyed the pictures.
1997 E36 Alpina B3 3.2 Touring. No.66
1998 E36 1.8 Touring
1989 E30 M3.
2004 E60 530D
2004 Vauxhall Signum (for the shopping)
2002 E39 M5 (Sold)