B5 Touring pricing

Thinking of Buying one - ask your questions here.
Buying guides, Specific questions about a car, or about a particular model, ALPINA characteristics.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

charlesswe

B5 Touring pricing

Post by charlesswe » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:52 am

Hi

I live in Sweden, and looking at buying a B5 Touring from 2006. Found a great looking example in Germany with 100.000km on the clock, 2 owners, mostly autobahn driving. The car has a lot of documentation, carbon black metallic and lovely lavalina interior, comfort seats. Recently serviced with oil, filters, new breaks, spark plugs... Original supercharger.

The price is 25.000EUR. Independent dealer, no extra warranty. Is this a fair price? How do you guys think the depreciation will be in the coming 2-3 years?

Cheers!

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by jamesa » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Welcome !

Going by the history of the model a warranty would be advisable, I assume that you are aware of the supercharger failures ?

I don`t know about pricing in Europe but £25k was what I looked at in the UK some eighteen months ago, with less mileage and a warranty.

Good luck with your search.
Ex. B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue : Current M2 DCT (OG)

charlesswe

Post by charlesswe » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Thank you,

Of course warranty is always preferable, but I'm trying to calculate how much of a risk that supercharger really is, internet forums have a tendency to make things look out of proportion.

I have read pretty much every thread there is about the B5, on AlpinaBoard, Here and on the german forums, I can maybe document 10 failures, say that only half were reported, that is still 20 failures out of 800(?) or so cars. And how many of those were actually covered as goodwill from Alpina?