theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E46 pre-facelift B3S?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Buying Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pad
A
A

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: E46 pre-facelift B3S? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm going to look at a "B3S" today, but I am unsure whether it is an S or not. It is a 2002 prefacelift, but has the widescreen satnav... on the register there seem to be some prefacelift S's but looking on some posts on here, some have said S are facelift only?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pad
Pad
A
A

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It be this one!

http://www.thealpinaregister.com/B3/s/coupe/27
hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep few are pre face check front wing for rust as rear arch it is gen but check engine covet has 3.4 on it will have rough idle lumpy when started main thing is history that been serviced at 15k or two years i would hpi even cheap on your phone my text check u should be able to see alpina spring through wheels make sure keys for centre caps and just see what tyres on car if cheap could be sign of cost cutting but lovely colour and good price
bmw virgin
ALPIN
ALPIN

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I must admit, I was on the understanding that the B3s was the facelifted model & the B3 3.3, the pre-facelift version but, like you, after looking on the register & the Alpina Archive, it appears that there are some pre- facelift B3s's!

The earliest facelift B3s coupe/cabrio I can see is May 03 but the first facelift touring is late 02.....which I think is around the time the e46 model switched over?!

If you know the plaque number, maybe you can look on the Alpina Archive to get a rough idea of when it was bulit.

Also, if you have pictures of the car you're looking into, you'll be able to play "spot the difference" to help confirm that it's pre-facelift! Very Happy

hth

Colin

Right, now you've added the link, it's clear to see it is a pre facelift B3s....the Archive shows it was made in October 02!
2004 Titanium Silver E46 Alpina B3s Coupe #090
2014 Black Sapphire F32 Alpina B4BT Coupe #16
sherlock
AL
AL

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the first owner of the B3S n 006 which is on the Register, and I confirm that it is a pre-face lift.
A little story: I ordered a B3 3.3, (in january 2002), and a few months later, the dealer called to inform me that Alpina had launched a new release, with 25 bhp more ! This was the B3S.
In 2010, same story repeated: I ordered a B3 biturbo in January, and got a B3S biturbo in July.
B3S E46 coupe (2002) , sold 2008
B10 Bi turbo (1991), sold 2012
B7 turbo E24 (1981) sold 2014 -re bought 2016 !
Pad
A
A

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chaps. Not one for mucking about, I bought it on the spot. Pics to follow later.

A very happy Pad.
ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmw virgin wrote:
Hi!

The earliest facelift B3s coupe/cabrio I can see is May 03 but the first facelift touring is late 02.....which I think is around the time the e46 model switched over?!

!

Touring got the facelift in september 2001 which is why my facelift touring is a non s it's just the stock 3.3 but has the facelift Built Oct 2001 registered jan 2002 on a 51 plate
B3 3.3 Touring #108
B10 V8 #540
simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate of mine had an alantis blue individual cab which was pre facelift. Its the only B3s I've seen without a leather interior!
A
A

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's no doubt it's a 3.4S. So I bought it... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Buying Advice All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: