D3 Mono Turbo Touring for Sale

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:54 am

PerryGunn wrote:Yr adeg hon y flwyddyn nesaf byddwn yn filiwnyddion...
We can dream :wink:
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

Fokker

Post by Fokker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:51 pm

Looks like my thread has been highjacked !!
Alpina D3 MT Touring
Porsche 996 C4S

PerryGunn
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PerryGunn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Fokker wrote:Looks like my thread has been highjacked !!
It hasn't been hijacked, it's just experienced a bit of multicultural divergence :wink: (and the responses keep it bubbling to the top of the thread list so it's not necessarily all bad)

To bring it back on track... have you had much interest in the sale?
Alpina Roadster S #320
BMW X3 F25 LCI 30d

Fokker

Post by Fokker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Not a call so far... I suppose its just a matter of time. It took me 5 week to sell my last M3 and 2 months to sell my RS4 so I'm aware its a waiting game! I even managed to sell a 4 litre V8 TVR Chimaera when the pertol crisi was happening... I look after my cars to anyone who serious views it will be happy.

Would just be nice to let her go now rather than later as its all clean and ready for its new owner!

Dave :D
Alpina D3 MT Touring
Porsche 996 C4S

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:33 am

Fokker wrote:Not a call so far... I suppose its just a matter of time. It took me 5 week to sell my last M3 and 2 months to sell my RS4 so I'm aware its a waiting game! I even managed to sell a 4 litre V8 TVR Chimaera when the pertol crisi was happening... I look after my cars to anyone who serious views it will be happy.

Would just be nice to let her go now rather than later as its all clean and ready for its new owner!

Dave :D
Slightly O/T but how did you find the RS4 compared to the M3?
I'm startin to get the RS4 itch again . I have owned quote a few quattros and find them a tad numb to drive, lacking in steering feedback and I hate the tendancy for them to understeer when pressing on. Did you find any of that with your rs4?
B3 3.3 Coupe #090
D3 2.0 Biturbo Touring #098

Fokker

Post by Fokker » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Slightly O/T but how did you find the RS4 compared to the M3?
I'm startin to get the RS4 itch again . I have owned quote a few quattros and find them a tad numb to drive, lacking in steering feedback and I hate the tendancy for them to understeer when pressing on. Did you find any of that with your rs4?
Hi, the RS4 was I would say a slightly lazier version of the E46 M3. Turn in was great although not as sharp as the M3's. The B7 RS4 is a very different animal compared to the B5 and all before it. I heard that Quattro GMBH hired a few key people from the BMW 'M' division at the time and this had a lot to do with the reasons the B7 RS4 was such a revaltion in terms of handling. You would not be disappointed I assure you.

The main reasons for me selling were that it had complicated suspension as in the DRC and it never say completely level on the road which annoyed me. I had all the shocks replaced under warranty as they started leaking and knocking which affected a large proportion of the B7's produced. the new shocks were supposed to be better but its things like this that when thet go wrong out of warranty will cost you 3-4k and together with 19mpg average and 460 quid a year to tax make an already expensive hobby over more expensive...
Alpina D3 MT Touring
Porsche 996 C4S