theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter Wheels set (Used on E91 D3 Bi-Turbo) - Aftermarket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA (Parts) For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rideti.me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Winter Wheels set (Used on E91 D3 Bi-Turbo) - Aftermarket Reply with quote

Hi,

I sold my D3 Bi-Turbo last summer, kept my winter wheels for my F34 but they don't fit (M-Sport Brakes).

They are not Alpina/BMW Original. I just wanted some good metal to cover the winter months, had them with my car for most of the 8 years I owned it, on many drives to the continent.

The design is TSW Mugello.

The spec is 17" x 8J, pretty sure it's ET35, 5x120. My intent was to get as close to factory wheel spec as possible (which I think was all the same but ET34).

They do have kerb rash, and some surface bubbling round the center cap, so would benefit from a refurb cosmetically. However, no impacts/cracks etc so still a perfectly functional wheel set.

The tyres are Michelin Alpin A4, 225/50R17. They have 5-6mm all round, however one wheel has uneven wear on the inner shoulder. It's still legal but would need replacing before the others, and that wheel probably needs re-balancing.

The wheels are currently in Gloucester. I can arrange to have them up with me in Manchester City Centre, or with my brother in Shropshire if that suits anyone better for viewing.

I'm under no illusion, the wheels aren't worth much alone, but feel the tyres should have something in them, and hopefully the combined setup can be of use. If there was a few hundred quid in it, I'd be very happy, it'd help offset the grand I've laid down for my new set. I'm realistic to it being a subjective market though.

Detailed pics at:
http://photos.app.goo.gl/5wFHHwc2koU9tRYN6

Thanks,

Ant
D3BT Touring 2010 #205 [SOLD]
F34 330d GT xDrive

Last edited by rideti.me on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you be able to wrap them in bin bags or similar if I were to arrange a courier to Edinburgh ?
How much is a few hundred?
B3 3.3 Touring #108
B10 V8 #540
B3 3.0 Biturbo #107
E46 M3 Convertible
rideti.me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ali,

Not meaning to be evasive, but I said it like that because I'm not really sure. I guess it's the same as when I sold the car, a bigger number I'd agree straight away, a smaller one I'd want to hold out and see what other interest there was. 350 would be a done deal.

It's shocking the price of my new setup, the TPMS sensors cost as much again as the wheels themselves!

I can order some pallet/shrink wrap off ebay to wrap them in properly, then pad the face of the alloy too. Should be ok for courier. Assume they'd want them wrapped individually not as a stack. I think the courier job would be pretty pricey though! I don't know the weight either I'm afraid, and not back home to weigh them.

I could get the wheels upto Manchester (maybe even Carlisle on a weekend if you chucked in some Diesel), if you could meet. Would have to be before end of Jan though when I leave Manch permanently.
D3BT Touring 2010 #205 [SOLD]
F34 330d GT xDrive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA (Parts) For Sale All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: