Thinking of selling - BS3 Bi Turbo Touring 2018

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
MikeR
ALPIN
ALPIN

Re: Thinking of selling - BS3 Bi Turbo Touring 2018

Post by MikeR » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:19 am

MartinB3s wrote:Lovely car, just not for me at the moment, sadly.

Has only £4k on the clock, pristine in condition.

Any thoughts on where to market it and what a sensible price would be?

Spec is quite big, lovely Aplina Green, Merino Black with white piping with badges, 20 inch alloys, HK hi fi, reversing camera, adaptive cruise, posh sat nav etc

Thanks in advance

Martin

Gorgeous. What’s the full spec? Does it have HUD, leather dashboard for example?
Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription Pro. 2018.
Honda S2000. 2003. SOLD
F31 MSport+ 335D XDrive. 2014. SOLD
No. 097. D3BT Saloon 2010. Manual. Black Sapphire. SOLD
No. 389. D3MT Saloon 2007. Manual. Black Sapphire. SOLD

MartinB3s

Post by MartinB3s » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:12 pm

The car was looked at under warranty by BMW in Wilmslow.
It was one tooth off the timing belt and was sorted a few months ago
It's a clean car and a great car.

I came out of a 911 as we have a young family - my wife is happy to run the family car now though so I want something smaller again.

Hope that helps!
RufRt12 wrote:
Ahhhh... so what you're saying is that the seller's offloading a potentially problematic car :?
Current : Alpina B3s Touring, Caterham Supersport r

Past : 911 (997) and 911 (993)

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm

MartinB3s wrote: It was one tooth off the timing belt and was sorted a few months ago

I came out of a 911 as we have a young family - my wife is happy to run the family car now though so I want something smaller again.
Wow
That's quite a failing by whoever stuck the engine together in the first place !!!
I'd love to own this car but prob not for about 10 years until it comes down to my sort of price range !!!
Good luck with the sale
B3 3.3 Coupe #090
D3 2.0 Biturbo Touring #098

nkotecha
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by nkotecha » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:08 pm

MartinB3s wrote:The car was looked at under warranty by BMW in Wilmslow.
It was one tooth off the timing belt and was sorted a few months ago

Hope that helps!
RufRt12 wrote:
Ahhhh... so what you're saying is that the seller's offloading a potentially problematic car :?
Was the timing chain replaced? It does have a chain rather then a belt?

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:40 am

RufRt12 wrote:There’s a spanking brand new B3s saloon at my local dealers in Harold Wood that’s been sitting on the forecourt at 75k for the past four (or so) months. I’ve offered them a cheeky 60k for it but, once they’d finished laughing, told me not to slam the door on the way out. Is this a typical occurrence of Alpina cars in general or does it ever reach a point where it HAS to become registered for road use and, therefore, advertised as a ‘Pre-reg’ & subsequently cheaper OR am I just kidding myself into thinking it’ll ever turn justifiably affordable?
These are horrifically expensive new, and as many are now cottoning-on, Sytner/The Trade are seeing the cars as only worth 55% of their new price some very few months after 1st registration. Personally, if a friend of mine were to suggest purchasing one, I'd refer him for a lobotomy unless he actually wanted to throw money away. Indeed I have such a friend, and at the moment he's managed to control his desire to own an F31 B3S as he can't really afford either the op, or the money drain.

It will eventually be pre-registered once the sales manager decides it has to go off his books. They'll write down against it tax-wise and probably use it as a demo for a while to get around the taxation loss to appease the tax man. Doubt it would be £60k, though, as we're talking about Sytner, they will have over-specced it, and the profit margin in these to ALPINA GB when sold new is wafer thin. Remember too, options depreciate even faster than the base car and only make them desirable to a future owner, not adding value beyond £hundreds.

The used, book values of these makes me want to weep for the owners. Bargains for used buyers, though, if Sytner forecourt prices are avoided.

Interestingly, my 2011 E91 B3SBiturbo cost £50350 OTR when new inc options. Almost 50% more now for similar car in F31 spec. Astounding. I don't recollect base F31 335i's having gone up quite as much in the same period.
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

kenagain

Post by kenagain » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:31 pm

ade and liz flint wrote:
RufRt12 wrote:There’s a spanking brand new B3s saloon at my local dealers in Harold Wood that’s been sitting on the forecourt at 75k for the past four (or so) months. I’ve offered them a cheeky 60k for it but, once they’d finished laughing, told me not to slam the door on the way out. Is this a typical occurrence of Alpina cars in general or does it ever reach a point where it HAS to become registered for road use and, therefore, advertised as a ‘Pre-reg’ & subsequently cheaper OR am I just kidding myself into thinking it’ll ever turn justifiably affordable?
These are horrifically expensive new, and as many are now cottoning-on, Sytner/The Trade are seeing the cars as only worth 55% of their new price some very few months after 1st registration. Personally, if a friend of mine were to suggest purchasing one, I'd refer him for a lobotomy unless he actually wanted to throw money away. Indeed I have such a friend, and at the moment he's managed to control his desire to own an F31 B3S as he can't really afford either the op, or the money drain.

It will eventually be pre-registered once the sales manager decides it has to go off his books. They'll write down against it tax-wise and probably use it as a demo for a while to get around the taxation loss to appease the tax man. Doubt it would be £60k, though, as we're talking about Sytner, they will have over-specced it, and the profit margin in these to ALPINA GB when sold new is wafer thin. Remember too, options depreciate even faster than the base car and only make them desirable to a future owner, not adding value beyond £hundreds.

The used, book values of these makes me want to weep for the owners. Bargains for used buyers, though, if Sytner forecourt prices are avoided.

Interestingly, my 2011 E91 B3SBiturbo cost £50350 OTR when new inc options. Almost 50% more now for similar car in F31 spec. Astounding. I don't recollect base F31 335i's having gone up quite as much in the same period.

It’s true. No lobotomy for me or swallowing this level of depreciation from buying a brand new Alpina. I love these cars and a third in F31 B3s guise as MartinB3s has would be nigh on perfect. After selling my E91 B3s for considerably more than Sytner’s offer, plus rest of car fund burning a whole It was a close run thing. My cod logic being, i’ll just ride out the depreciation and keep it forever. Head and heart, with head winning out (albeit after a few discussions on alternatives with Mr Flint) as life throws the odd curve ball.

As for what next instead of new Alpina? well the pool of used F31 B3s is a small one so who knows? Another brand I guess.

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 pm

kenagain wrote:It’s true. No lobotomy for me or swallowing this level of depreciation from buying a brand new Alpina. I love these cars and a third in F31 B3s guise as MartinB3s has would be nigh on perfect. After selling my E91 B3s for considerably more than Sytner’s offer, plus rest of car fund burning a whole It was a close run thing. My cod logic being, i’ll just ride out the depreciation and keep it forever. Head and heart, with head winning out (albeit after a few discussions on alternatives with Mr Flint) as life throws the odd curve ball.

As for what next instead of new Alpina? well the pool of used F31 B3s is a small one so who knows? Another brand I guess.
Hello Ken. Again :wink:
Keep those short arms in those long pockets, yet, my friend. Patience pays off, and cash will be king, ken. :lol:

#127 loved up and looking superb: thankyou for bring the dedicated prior custodian and accepting my freshly minted folding (hope you've not dropped it in the Solent!). May your studies prove fruitful :think :clap: Avoiding the lobotomy may help, there :idea: though if Mrs ken knew the prospective depreciation she may medically alter another part of your anatomy :shock:
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by B10BRW » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:48 am

ade and liz flint wrote:
These are horrifically expensive new, and as many are now cottoning-on, Sytner/The Trade are seeing the cars as only worth 55% of their new price some very few months after 1st registration. .
Try telling that to Bramleys :( , they consider their nearly 2 year old F31 B3 touring is worth 80% of the new price.

They take no notice of the fact that their car has been replaced by the B3S and with a new 3 series in the pipeline.
I managed to negotiate £3k off, but still way more than I am willing to pay.

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Metrics » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 am

Sorry you have to sell up Martin, but I think you know doing so at this time early in its ownership will be painful financially.

I think you best options to sell it on are via Pistonheads advert, Facebook group for a private sale or trade via Sytner.

It's a lovely car and you may be lucky and find your buyer is out there.

Can't have been an easy decision for you, wish you good luck and a good outcome for you in the circumstances.
2019 G31 B5 Biturbo No.299
2012 F10 D5 Biturbo No.13
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet

RufRt12
A
A

Post by RufRt12 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:02 pm

ade and liz flint wrote:
It will eventually be pre-registered once the sales manager decides it has to go off his books. They'll write down against it tax-wise and probably use it as a demo for a while to get around the taxation loss to appease the tax man.
Thanks for the reply as you've, more or less, confirmed my worst fears. Having said that though is there much point in making a demo vehicle that'll soon be out of production?
I can only assume that Alpina have already got their hands on the G20 with a view to making it 'better'?

In closing it would seem that both yourself and my wife are in agreement that coughing up £75,000 for an outgoing model is an act of lunacy no matter how many times I stop off to lick the windows at my local dealership :(

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Ruf you need to get this saloon luncay out of your head! They are parts donors to the superior coupes and tourings

Alpina tourings 2nd hand have always been in demand in the UK, saloons have not

Alpina are cheaper now than years ago, my old E36 B3 3.2 touring was 50k in the spec it was ordered in 1996 :shock:

E24man
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by E24man » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:17 am

Last edited by E24man on Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

190Colditz
ALP
ALP

Post by 190Colditz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:41 am

B10BRW wrote:
ade and liz flint wrote:
These are horrifically expensive new, and as many are now cottoning-on, Sytner/The Trade are seeing the cars as only worth 55% of their new price some very few months after 1st registration. .
Try telling that to Bramleys :( , they consider their nearly 2 year old F31 B3 touring is worth 80% of the new price.

They take no notice of the fact that their car has been replaced by the B3S and with a new 3 series in the pipeline.
I managed to negotiate £3k off, but still way more than I am willing to pay.
To be fair to them, where Bramley are located they probably know their market as the good people of the Surrey / Sussex / Hampshire borders aren't particularly averse to showy displays of overspending.
@190Colditz
B5 BiTurbo Touring Nr15 (The Gorilla - sold)
B10 3.3 Touring Nr51 (Die Schreibmaschine - sold)
Mini Cooper 2015 (local trips)
E46 323iSE runabout (died)
BMW S1000RR (The Rocketship) (Stolen! :evil:)
NSR250 MC21

james158
AL
AL

Re: Thinking of selling - BS3 Bi Turbo Touring 2018

Post by james158 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:54 pm

MartinB3s wrote:Lovely car, just not for me at the moment, sadly.

Has only £4k on the clock, pristine in condition.

Any thoughts on where to market it and what a sensible price would be?

Spec is quite big, lovely Aplina Green, Merino Black with white piping with badges, 20 inch alloys, HK hi fi, reversing camera, adaptive cruise, posh sat nav etc

Thanks in advance

Martin Image
Hi Martin

PM sent

Thanks James

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:56 pm

the guy who runs bramley is caked so i hear on the grapevine and he ordered specced said green wagon thats forsale there

Its very well optioned if you ask me,