theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear shock absorbers for a 2009 B3 BiTurbo E93

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA - Car Advice / Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drooski

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Rear shock absorbers for a 2009 B3 BiTurbo E93 Reply with quote

Hi,

I contacted Alpina for a parts list for my 2009 B3 BiTurbo E93 as I am needing to replace my rear shock absorbers, on checking the part number for them off the Alpina parts list I find that the part number is a BMW oem part number.

Part number is 3352 6780 077, so it appears they are nothing special or am I missing something? if the info re-part number is correct who makes the oem shocker for BMW and what are the better alternatives if any?

I have been searching the net and asking various groups so any assistance would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance
CaesarBob
AL
AL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly seems unlikely based on the standard Alpina approach of upgrading suspension and power
Drooski

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sab
ALPI
ALPI

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are correct but I honestly didn’t expect Alpina to stay with the Bmw oem suspension unless they were already uprated to meet the requirements of the post Alpina changes are done.

It may be worth emailing Alpina directly to query this before purchasing the shocks.
E36 B3.0 #0178
E30 C2.7 - Stolen

“If you ever have everything under control, you’re not moving fast enough”
Drooski

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I double checked with Alpina reference the BMW part number and the shocks being oem and it was right enough.

Email from Alpina below:-

Dear Mr. Clark

Thank you for your inquiry.

The part number you mentioned is the right one for your automobile and mounted in it.

As the basic model of our ALPINA is the BMW model, we can take over some standard BMW parts.

Therefore there is unfortunately no other opportunity we can offer you.

I kindly ask for your understanding.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Theresa Frei
Export
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA - Car Advice / Information All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: