E60 B5S - steering vibration and clonk

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

jimmy_biggles

Post by jimmy_biggles » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:17 pm

So I didn't have much time but I did remove the CCV pipe and there is oil in there. I tried to remove the inlet air pipe but it wasn't budging and unsure if I had to remove it all the way from the filter as well. I'll try this next week. I think i will need to get a garage to check the intercooler valve as you suggest as i cant get under the car with ease to remove the sill.

Does this help the diagnosis at all at this stage?

Cheers.

Image[/img]

PhillV8S
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PhillV8S » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Well as you have oil at this point you may be lucky and the CCV have split. An easy cheap fix. It wil be easy to see if the valves have split, check both LH and RH CCV.
You may well see oil at the bottom of intercooler but until you check the CCV’s you can’t rule out the charger seals being blown.
Range Rover SDV8.
E64 B6s #100 Cabriolet (Now Sold)
Maserati Gransport

jimmy_biggles

Post by jimmy_biggles » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Thanks again Phil for your helpful advice. I think I will now leave the further diags to the garage as i guess checking the CCV involves the sill off as well. Let's hope it really is as simple as that! I have already had my fair share of problems within one year of ownership.

But one more question - could this have also caused more damage by oil being passed into the engine etc?

PhillV8S
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PhillV8S » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:51 pm

It’s a 10 minute job to check the CCV diaphragms. Just whip off the centre engine cover and unclog the CCV covers to check their condition.
Range Rover SDV8.
E64 B6s #100 Cabriolet (Now Sold)
Maserati Gransport