Replacing Alpina emblems on D3 Dynamic alloys-advice welcome

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

noj66
AL
AL

Replacing Alpina emblems on D3 Dynamic alloys-advice welcome

Post by noj66 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi,
I bought a 57 plate D3(No.525) just after Christmas and I'm looking to replace the Alpina badges on the centre caps of the wheels.I have ordered a set from Pukar.
I just wondered if anyone has experience of replacing them.I'm unsure as to whether the wheels need to come off the car to access the centre caps from inside the wheel or would I be better removing the old badges in situ with a heat gun and attempting to stick the new badges on that way?
Thanks in advance.

PerryGunn
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:07 pm

On the Dynamics on my Roadster S you can pop the centre caps out without removing the wheel - exactly the same as the BMW centres - just use a thin plastic shim/trim removal tool to get under the edge.

If you haven't got a plastic shim, you should be able to use a thin screwdriver with the end wrapped in electrical tape (although this carries more risk of damage to the wheel paint)
Alpina Roadster S #320
BMW X3 F25 LCI 30d

noj66
AL
AL

Post by noj66 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Cheers that's excellent.I'm not very mechanically minded so the simpler the better! Thanks again.