Shell Drivers Club - problem with offers on the app

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Charles

Shell Drivers Club - problem with offers on the app

Post by Charles » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Just a heads up to those of you who use the Shell Drivers Club app on Android.

For the last month or so, I have been receiving push notifications for 100 bonus points but when I follow the link to the app, the offer isn't showing, so I cannot activate it and benefit. I have checked both the app settings and the account settings via the website and everything is set up to receive such notifications and offers so I was stumped.

I have just spoken to Shell about this and they told me that there is a glitch in the current version of the android app which will be sorted out next month with the next update.

In the meantime, they saw that I had missed out on (or am about to miss out on) 10 such offers so they have immediately credited my account with 1000 points :D

So, if you have been experiencing the same issues, my advice would be to call Shell and get them to credit your account, as they did mine.

Hope this helps
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

sward
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by sward » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Thank you Charles
It's little better on IOS. Luckily for me most of my motoring these days is electric and I use the Alpina for special journeys, only needing fuel every couple of months. Otherwise I'd be very frustrated by the Shell app, which when I was a regular fossil fuel consumer I used all the time to buy fuel.
Regards
Simon

Arvi
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Arvi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:50 pm

Are you receiving many points/benefits from it? I've had the V Power card for a few years and don't notice many points being accumulated on my card for air miles, bonus points seem rubbish and the pay by phone app was useless when I last tried it!

Does BP offer anything better or gone are the days of any rewards?

Charles

Post by Charles » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:50 pm

Arvi wrote:Are you receiving many points/benefits from it?
I only ever buy Shell V-Power and because the ALPINA is my daily driver, the points tot up quite quickly.

I have chosen "money-off vouchers" and every three months I get a voucher for £10-15.

It all helps ...
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Arvi
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Arvi » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Thanks Charles, I only use V Power too, although my mileage is now minimal.

Checked my Avios points and even though I haven't cashed in for a while the points accrued go as far as a couple of tickets to Warwick Castle! Have switched to fuel vouchers now, although as said mileage is minimal so expect returns will be too.

hicky73
A
A

Post by hicky73 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:46 pm

any chance of the contact details for shell so i can call them. in due soon also:)
http://www.static-caravan.co.uk/private ... ixon-croft
If your interested in a static home holiday then look no further 10% discount for alpina reg guys off this site
my Caravan for hire.

Arvi
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Arvi » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:56 pm

0800 731 8888 - lines are open Monday- Friday, 8.00am - 6.00pm. Once connected, press Option 2.

hicky73
A
A

Post by hicky73 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:06 am

Arvi wrote:0800 731 8888 - lines are open Monday- Friday, 8.00am - 6.00pm. Once connected, press Option 2.
thanks mate :lol:
http://www.static-caravan.co.uk/private ... ixon-croft
If your interested in a static home holiday then look no further 10% discount for alpina reg guys off this site
my Caravan for hire.