b3 3.0 switchtronic saloon 261 NOW SOLD

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
Mickl
ALPI
ALPI

b3 3.0 switchtronic saloon 261 NOW SOLD

Post by Mickl » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Further to my recent post in the alpina for sale section I have now prepared an advert for my car
It will initially be on car and classic only.
Here it is.

First registered 31.03.1995

98,706 Miles with a comprehensive service history.

6 Owners including myself.

Full years MOT

I have owned this car since June 2014, during which time I have covered just over 6,000 miles.
The car has been carefully maintained during my ownership, the following is a list of the work I have done.
All four wheels stripped and powder coated, centre caps painted, locks overhauled and rubber seals replaced, new centre decals.
4 Michelin Pilot sport tyres fitted with lots of life left in them.
Gearbox fluid and filter change.
Differential fluid changed
New BMW foam cushion and repair to drivers seat.
New water pump, thermostat, drive belts, viscous coupling, all preventative maintenance.
New radiator, expansion tank.
New aircon pipe and aircon regassed, all working as it should.
At least 3 oil and filter changes.
Fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter.
Brake fluid changes as required, next one will be Feb 2019
Steering fluid changed.
Discs and pads all round (changed by previous owner and covered no more than 7k miles)
Cam and knock sensors replaced at 91010 miles by previous owner.
Vanos overhauled.
New cam cover gasket and cover stripped and painted.
Terraclean earlier this year which gave a noticable improvement in throttle response and fuel economy.
Cobra Cat 1 alrm and imobiliser fitted. The original factory unit stopped working.
Genuine BMW reversing sensors kit fitted. All as factory.
Various trim items replaced.

Interior condition is very good, with a few scuffs to the black plastic trim here and there.
The electric windows and sunroof operate correctly.
Electrically adjustable front seats.
Alpina cloth upholstery all in excellent condition
The original floor mats are present although I keep them stored and fit them if I show the car.
Genuine BMW Radio cassette unit with code.
Recent new windscreen.
First aid kit, tools and warning triangle all present.
3 Spare keys for the wheel covers
2 alarm fobs fully operational
3 keys

Externally

The car presents nicely however it is not perfect, there are imperfections on all panels as you would expect from a 22 year old car however there is no rust in any of the usual e36 places. Cills, arches jacking points all good. There is an area of minor bubbling to rear n/s arch which could easily be attended to, about the size of my small finger nail.
Inner arches are all clean and solid.
Front bumper has the usual scuffs on the bottom edge which have been touched in, I do have a second hand front bumper and genuine Alpina splitter that I purchased as spares.

I have a file full of old invoices, MOT certificates and correspondence from previous owners including the original purchase invoice for £42,000 all verifying the cars provenance.

The car will revert to its original registration plate M 523 UNU if sold.

On the last MOT 10.11.17 two advisories were noted.

Slight play to n/s front top mount.
O/s front fog light not working, this will be fixed.

This car is for sale due to a change in my personal circumstances, I had intended to keep this car and carry out further renovation on it but I realise that this is unlikely to happen in the short term and so if a fellow Alpina enthusiast can enjoy the car I will be happy to let it go.

Price £7750.00 or best offer.

I will consider any sensible offer but please come and view the car first.

Lots more pics if required.

Thanks for looking

Mick
Last edited by Mickl on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E36 3.2 B3 convertible No 60
Alpina Roadster S No 254 Sold
E36 M3 Evo Saloon Sold
E36 3.0 B3 Switchtronic saloon sold

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Metrics » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:25 pm

That's lovely Mick, wish you well with the sale, you've clearly looked after it well.
2019 G31 B5 Biturbo No.299
2012 F10 D5 Biturbo No.13
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet

ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ali » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:23 pm

I really like that interior
GLWS
B3 3.3 Coupe #090
D3 2.0 Biturbo Touring #098

cornershop

Post by cornershop » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Apologies for digging up an old thread however I see this car has appeared for sale at a trader:
https://www.bluechipclassics.co.uk/Stoc ... itchtronic

Can anyone tell me if genuine parts are still available from Alpina/BMW?

I guess this is my main concern, ie trying to keep it Alpina, rather than using bMW parts.

Eg, engine internals, suspension, exhaust

Thanks in advance

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:58 pm

good news is the engines are bullet proof as long as not over heated will cover mega miles if the oils changed on time.

You can if you have the money buy most alpina parts still. I did read the wheels are NLA but the internet can be full of lies!

AG
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by AG » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:36 pm

And that is one awesome B3.

I found that B3 in a not so good condition about 5 years ago (probably longer!) and sorted the rough running and a few other odds and bobs it suffered with, and then enjoyed it for a few months before it became obvious I couldn't keep it due to lack of space and time, and Mick bought it from me and brought it to the condition its in now before he too took the decision to let it go, and this company bought it from him.

I think if you bought that then you'd really love the way it drives, looks and performs, stonking car, so strong and very practical. Interior is superb being cloth rather than leather, the gear change on that was lightning fast, a real joy.

As Simon says, engine on this is bullet proof, this one is very strong, so your only real concerns would be wear and tear items such as brakes etc and all those are available, the dampers over time can become weak so the alternatives are have the originals rebuilt or replaced with a recognised alternative.
The rest should last with the care and attention any car should have.
Last edited by AG on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former BMW CC 7 register chairman

2000 e39 B10 V8 Touring
1985 e23 B10 (sold)
1995 B3 saloon switchtronic (sold)

Pad
A
A

Post by Pad » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:48 am

Hi,

Bluechip is my company, I bought the car from Mick back in January. Having been an Alpina owner in the past myself, I knew this was probably a purchase of the heart rather than a sensible business decision but frankly I don’t care and it’s been a pleasure to have it in the garage. Took it out for a drive yesterday and was reminded what a lovely thing it is, and e36s in general for that matter...

If you are genuinely interested then please feel free to contact me, I’d be happy to give you and honest appraisal and delighted for it to stay in the community.

Cheers!
Current
E92 B3 BT #205

Previous
E39 B10 V8S #145
E92 B3 BT #185
E36 B3 3.0 #261
E46 B3S #27

cornershop

Post by cornershop » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:27 pm

Thanks all for your inputs

I may well progress to a viewing but first I need to justify the outlay, over a 328. I ‘get’ Alpina and had put a deposit on the green b3.2 touring that I believe Simon eventually bought (I believe). If it hadn’t blown its headgasket on its drive back from the MOT station, it would have been mine!

Does anyone know if it’s had paint on the front wings, my eyes may deceive me however I think I can see a paint mismatch vs the doors.

Pad
A
A

Post by Pad » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi Cornershop,

Your eyes do not deceive you, it's had paint on both front wings, bonnet, bumper and spoiler. Normally I would not elect to do this to preserve originality but as I'm sure Mick would agree it did need it... the front end was very stone-chipped and the wing has already been painted previously which was the tipping point for me, thought it would be better to do the whole front.

However, although the finish is excellent, I agree the colour match isn't up to my usual standards. In some lights you don't notice it, but in direct sunlight you do. Having spent a considerable amount getting it done though (and subsequent rows with the painter), I want to leave it as is and I'll be happy to negotiate on price on the basis that the new owner might want to have it done again in time.

Rest assured though, that the paint was applied for cosmetic purposes and not for any other sinister reason and I'd like to think that the rest of the car stands up to scrutiny.

Please do give me a call if you'd like a chat, number is on the website..

Cheers
Pad (Anthony)
Current
E92 B3 BT #205

Previous
E39 B10 V8S #145
E92 B3 BT #185
E36 B3 3.0 #261
E46 B3S #27

AG
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by AG » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:13 pm

If needs be I can send photographs of the car before Mick and Anthony had it. It didn't have paint when I had it and was factory but old, but it did have a shallow dent to the drivers side wing just behind the indicator that we tried to have rectified but was impossible to remove completely. And yes it did show signs of being used to the front of the car.

Let me know by PM if either of you want to see the pics of it when purchased and during my ownership,

Anthony, i too could be interested in having it back, the paint isn't a high priority for me, although the purchase price could be!
Former BMW CC 7 register chairman

2000 e39 B10 V8 Touring
1985 e23 B10 (sold)
1995 B3 saloon switchtronic (sold)

Pad
A
A

Post by Pad » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:20 pm

AG,

There's always room for manoeuvre, especially for residents of my old home county 😬👍

Cheers
Current
E92 B3 BT #205

Previous
E39 B10 V8S #145
E92 B3 BT #185
E36 B3 3.0 #261
E46 B3S #27

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Metrics » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:50 pm

cornershop wrote:Thanks all for your inputs

I may well progress to a viewing but first I need to justify the outlay, over a 328. I ‘get’ Alpina and had put a deposit on the green b3.2 touring that I believe Simon eventually bought (I believe). If it hadn’t blown its headgasket on its drive back from the MOT station, it would have been mine!

Does anyone know if it’s had paint on the front wings, my eyes may deceive me however I think I can see a paint mismatch vs the doors.
Shirish, is that you? If so small world, I bought (and still have) your old 190E 2.6.

Sorry for OT.
2019 G31 B5 Biturbo No.299
2012 F10 D5 Biturbo No.13
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Blimey i forgot that bit of the saga! Well i had 6 great years out of it, ran it to 250k and tweeked it with a 6 speed manual, LSD and M3 front brakes

Mickl
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Mickl » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi Cornershop
This car belonged to me until Antony purchased it as stock for his business.
If there are any queries I can help you with feel free to send a pm
I don’t think I have ever missed a car like I have this one, a real joy to hustle along
Mick
E36 3.2 B3 convertible No 60
Alpina Roadster S No 254 Sold
E36 M3 Evo Saloon Sold
E36 3.0 B3 Switchtronic saloon sold

cornershop

Post by cornershop » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:52 pm

Antony - many thanks for your openness and honesty, credit to you. You won’t believe how much time i’ve spent looking at the pics on your site over the past month or so. I was going to see if you wanted a straight part-ex against my 560SEC, however i took a deposit against that last weekend.

Mick/AG - thanks for your inputs and offers of assistance

Simon - i couldn’t believe it! I’d bought all the road test books, got insurance (vaguely) sorted out, and then the dreaded call. It may have been fate, but at least i loved the test drive. Great that you got it sorted and a manual version would have been superb.

Metrics/Asim - PM tennis in progress, i need a pic of the 190e when you get a chance pls!

I shall continue to ponder for now

Shirish