A few pics and a few observations

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

WJD

A few pics and a few observations

Post by WJD » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:09 am

Poorboys polish, Autoglm leather, wonderweels prepped and preened ready for road trip
[/img]
mean and moody Wolfgangsee
I know a few of you travel in Austria but I have been checked 3 times in last 2 years for the motorway vignette, every car and lorry were checked leaving Austria on the Innsbruck Munich motorway and earlier leaving Slovenia.
In Slovenia a vignette is also needed on their motorways.
I use the Hull Rotterdam ferry and this year every driver was breathalysed in Rotterdam.
Do not Fern pass into Austria on a weekend 4 hours to Seefeld and for a great drive use the Wurtzen pass into Slovenia used to be main route until toll tunnel.

Mickl
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Mickl » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Interesting regarding Vignette

I have just come back from a three week trip taking in France, Germany, Austria, Italyand Switzerland.
I purchased Vignettes for Austria and Switzerland but was never aware of any checks although I did leave Austria via the Grossglockner.

I cant help thinking our government should think about introducing a vignette system for foreign cars using our motorways.

Car looks good by the way.

Mick
E36 3.2 B3 convertible No 60
Alpina Roadster S No 254 Sold
E36 M3 Evo Saloon Sold
E36 3.0 B3 Switchtronic saloon sold