Rear brakes wont bleed

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

jonny320is
AL
AL

Rear brakes wont bleed

Post by jonny320is » Sun May 14, 2017 10:44 pm

I'm having a little fun with bleeding the rear brakes on my E46 B3 S.
Over the weekend I have replaced the discs and pads all round plus I have fitted braided brakes lines all round. Came to bleed them in the correct procedure, starting at the near side rear, and it started to bleed but then stopped and no more. Move to the offside rear and same issue, nothing. Moved to the front and these bled fine.
While changing the brake lines I did let the reservoir run low so thought I had introduced air into the ABS unit, so got out the laptop and ran the bleed cycle on the ABS using INPA. The rear brakes then bled a bit more but once again stopped and nothing.
I then disconnected the master cylinder rear line into the ABS to check for flow and there is. I then disconnected both rear lines coming out of the ABS and nothing.
I did have the warning light come on on the dash while carrying the work out so I checked for error codes and only one logged was '5E24 pressure Sensor 1/2 not plausible', which I am thinking came from running the fluid low.
I have now driven it and fronts are working but not much, if nothing, from the rear. Also, there are no warning lights on the dash.
So, after all my ramblings what I am getting at is do you think I have an issue with the ABS pump or have I missed something? I don't fancy spending quite a few quid on a new ABS pump if it's not that.
I'm starting to wonder if I've had this issue for a while as the brakes don't feel much different than before I started but I do still need to bed them in.
E46 B3 S
Aston Martin Vantage
F31 D3 Biturbo

Gee.Singh
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Gee.Singh » Mon May 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Book it into Bmw for a brake fluid change
And don't say anything 😉

Oneball
ALP
ALP

Post by Oneball » Tue May 16, 2017 10:51 am

How were you bleeding it, vacuum, pressure or with the pedal?

Did you have the engine running?
Previous- 2004 B3S Cabrio