B10 triple vision!

A place to plan / discuss / debrief about ALPINA meets

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

B10 triple vision!

Post by Metrics » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:56 pm

On Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting two fine B10 owning gents from the forum - BarryM and Alpina Jim in Hants. Very much an impromptu meet up and great to put a face to name and talk Alpina for a couple of hours with like minded owners.

Jim's car is stunning - a great example of a car that's been loved and cherished all of it's life. In beautiful Alpina Blue with that legendary straight six:

Barry's V8 is equally stunning and with some perfectly executed subtle mods. Both cars showed mine up to be a bit of nail! :oops:

Loved this iPod set up:

We are hoping to meet up again in the new year and any other local owners are welcome to join.
2019 G31 B5 Biturbo No.299
2012 F10 D5 Biturbo No.13
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet

Alpina Jim
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Alpina Jim » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:50 pm

What an impromptu meeting it was as well, with just about enough time for me to give my B10 a quick wash before hitting the road. Thanks again for the invite to join you and for getting me to attend my first forum meet which to be honest was well overdue.

It was great meeting both of you and it was the best opportunity I have had to talk about B10's in all their guises. In fact it was the first opportunity for me to have a good look at the V8 models and I soon realised that not only am I down on a few cc but also a lot of goodies. Maybe Barry wants to practice a few upgrades on my car to keep himself amused. :lol:

You both have some seriously nice cars and if you think yours is a nail Asim then give it to me as I have a hammer to go with it.

Looking forward to the next opportunity to meet up and see what new mods Barry has carried out. :)
Jim

'98 B10 3.2 #174 in Alpina Blue owned since 13th Sept 2002.

BarryM
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by BarryM » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:25 am

Thanks to Asim for the suggestion, a very enjoyable couple of hours, we just needed a 3.3 to complete the set....and I suppose one of those estate cars that everyone seems to love!

I think it's fair to say most Alpina owners have varying degrees of OCD so interesting to see what other people get up to with their cars. Jim showed off his rust free sills while Asim and I vowed to sort out the small rust areas on both our cars - Jim's even lent me his endoscope for further investigation :)

I thought I knew my car inside out but rather embarrassingly Asim pointed out I already have the comfort windscreen I have been hoping to get fitted when my screen is replaced :oops:

Jim - I'm taking a leaf out of your book and planning on sorting out my bodywork over the winter so the tinkering will stop for a while, but I must sort out a B10 number plate for next time!

If there isn't already a Hants/Surrey meeting in the new year we should try and arrange one for a larger group if there's any interest.

Barry.
2001 Alpina B10 V8 #185
1982 Krauser MKM1000 #121 - sold

Alpina Jim
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Alpina Jim » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:33 am

BarryM wrote:....and I suppose one of those estate cars that everyone seems to love!
That sure made me smile Barry. :lol:
Jim

'98 B10 3.2 #174 in Alpina Blue owned since 13th Sept 2002.

taffy223
A
A

Post by taffy223 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:36 am

Classy looking cars, so great to see them together

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by neil » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:21 pm

All look great - thanks for sharing !!