theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaguar XJL Portfolio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> This week I will be mainly driving....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkWG
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Jaguar XJL Portfolio Reply with quote

Well, that was a fun weekend! Back last summer I won a charity auction, which was a 4 day lend of the above machine; one which hadn't really ever featured in my world. Just a big politicians limo, I thought, but intrigued enough to bid, more intrigued than anyone else, as it turned out...

Wow, what a car! In spite of it's size, it hustled really well, so much car & so much kit! And 40+ mpg, too (3.0 V6 diesel version, I doubt the 5.0 V8 is that good...). 8 speed auto box, with paddles, sport & that lovely rotary dial. Being the "L" version, the back seats were in a different postcode, so parking was entertaining - front & rear sensors, & a rear camera linked to the steering so the guidelines turned too.

Niggles? The sat nav was a bit over complex to use, not as intuitive as some I've tried. The glove box uses a sensor which sensed everything, so kept opening without being officially invited. The boot didn't really seem that big.

Otherwise, a lovely machine - I'd seriously consider one, maybe more than the XF, which came as a surprise to me!
I_MNL
ALPINA
ALPINA

Location: Manchester, Cheshire and Hertfordshire! Driving on the motorways...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that you liked it!
You can understand now why I mainly drive an XJ for work up and down the country any time any day any wheather Laughing

And I keep my dearest D3 only for leisure long trips in Europe Very Happy
Arvi
ALPI
ALPI

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality! "the back seats were in a different postcode"

I do like the "'L", just need the money and the roads for it.
Hodge
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with the Satnav media centre, it's the same throughout the Land Rover Jaguar range and is frankly terrible to use if you come from a German brand, it's very similar to using an old Atari kit from the 90s and just doesn't feel right in cars costing up to £90k😳😳

Cheers

E46 B3s Coupe #19 (sold)
E46 B3s Touring #29 (sold)
Daily -
TTS DSG (Not for carrying dogs)
Q7 TDI (For carrying dogs)
V8 S4 6spd Avant (weekends)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> This week I will be mainly driving.... All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: