Insurance advice for B3 Touring please

ALPINA Costs - Insurance, Depreciation, Oil Usage

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

MCB
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by MCB » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:47 am

Charles wrote:I do find that I need to tell them very clearly what I want and then get them to repeat it back to me!
You should also get it in writing Charles.
1997 E36 Alpina B3 3.2 Touring. No.66
1998 E36 1.8 Touring
1989 E30 M3.
2004 E60 530D
2004 Vauxhall Signum (for the shopping)
2002 E39 M5 (Sold)

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:19 am

MCB wrote:
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:Thanks for the feedback.
That also does surprise me. If anything I would have thought it would have been the other way round as normally we are extremely competitive on most classic cars.
Regards,
Dan.
Sadly Dan we have never found that when calling you guys for a quotation on our classics. I think others here have found the same unfortunately.

Some years ago we used to use you for most of our cars. But these days your prices for classic cover have just rocketed for some reason. But your cover for modern cars still remains very competitive.

Funny thing is, Churchill were even cheaper than A-Plan for the Alpina. But they could not offer an agreed value classic policy.
Hi,
Ok no worries. Thanks for the feedback though. It's food for thought for us.
Regards,
Dan.

I_MNL
ALPINA
ALPINA
Location: Manchester, Cheshire and Hertfordshire! Driving on the motorways...

Post by I_MNL » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Charles wrote:
I_MNL wrote:
Charles wrote:How about a multicar policy?

I insure with Admiral for three cars - one for me, one for my wife and one to share - and IIRC correctly, they recognise that even I can't drive two cars at the same time! As such, they allocate my NCB on two of the cars - the ALPINA and the shared Megane.

Current premium on the B3S Touring is £180 - and that is for 20k miles a year and a guaranteed value of £12k.
How did you get this Charles? I have multi car insurance with Admiral for 4 cars... But how can I get a guaranteed value for the ALPINA D3 and the 2 Jaguars?
They don't do more than 10k miles each! and I have NCB protected of 14 years for these 3 cars. But they only gave 3 years for the newly acquired Subaru WRX STI...
I told them what value I wanted for each car - either an agreed value or market value. As for the NCB, the ALPINA is on my NCB, the Espace is on my wife's and the Megane is in my name and they confirmed my NCB would apply to both cars for the reasons stated previously.

I do find that I need to tell them very clearly what I want and then get them to repeat it back to me!
I see. Thank you for this. They never gave me the option of agreed value :x I should give them a call I think...
And the name is Marie-Noëlle or nick name MNL, NOT Marie or Noëlle ALONE; unless if you are looking for someone else and not me!!!
Car: D3 saloon 2007 and...a couple of cats made in 2003! and a little Scooby WRX STi...

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi,
Just to let you know that we can now offer the option of a fixed agreed value on most cars that are over 12 months old regardless if they are a classic car or used as a low mileage vehicle.
Regards,
Dan.

Elan
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Elan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:45 am

An update and possibly useful info for others. The main issue I had insuring the B3 touring was that all my NCB were assigned to the M3.

I have a sesperate classic car policy with footman James and they were able to add the B3 touring (i.e. non classic car) to the policy if you are a BMW UK member. The cost was less than £290 with agreed value and salvage retention.

I_MNL
ALPINA
ALPINA
Location: Manchester, Cheshire and Hertfordshire! Driving on the motorways...

Post by I_MNL » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:46 pm

I_MNL wrote:
Charles wrote:
I_MNL wrote:
Charles wrote:How about a multicar policy?

I insure with Admiral for three cars - one for me, one for my wife and one to share - and IIRC correctly, they recognise that even I can't drive two cars at the same time! As such, they allocate my NCB on two of the cars - the ALPINA and the shared Megane.

Current premium on the B3S Touring is £180 - and that is for 20k miles a year and a guaranteed value of £12k.
How did you get this Charles? I have multi car insurance with Admiral for 4 cars... But how can I get a guaranteed value for the ALPINA D3 and the 2 Jaguars?
They don't do more than 10k miles each! and I have NCB protected of 14 years for these 3 cars. But they only gave 3 years for the newly acquired Subaru WRX STI...
I told them what value I wanted for each car - either an agreed value or market value. As for the NCB, the ALPINA is on my NCB, the Espace is on my wife's and the Megane is in my name and they confirmed my NCB would apply to both cars for the reasons stated previously.

I do find that I need to tell them very clearly what I want and then get them to repeat it back to me!
I see. Thank you for this. They never gave me the option of agreed value :x I should give them a call I think...
Well I did call them and guess what they said... They have stopped offering the agreed value a while ago :roll:
And the name is Marie-Noëlle or nick name MNL, NOT Marie or Noëlle ALONE; unless if you are looking for someone else and not me!!!
Car: D3 saloon 2007 and...a couple of cats made in 2003! and a little Scooby WRX STi...

Charles

Post by Charles » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:29 pm

I_MNL wrote:Well I did call them and guess what they said... They have stopped offering the agreed value a while ago :roll:
Curious - as I have just had a renewal quote based on an agreed value.

Perhaps this is because it is a renewal rather than a new quote.
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!