Pre Christmas Drive and Dine - Arrangements

A place to plan / discuss / debrief about ALPINA meets

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Philrose
ALPINA
ALPINA

Pre Christmas Drive and Dine - Arrangements

Post by Philrose » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:42 pm

Marise and I re ran the route today - in the M Roadster, with the top down, in the sun, at the end of November!
All the food orders that I received have been passed on and I've paid a deposit for everyone - so please make sure you turn up.

The start is the top car park at Gaydon - turn left just through the entrance. Meet at 10.15am. Chance for a chat and photos. We leave at 10.45am.

There will be a coffee/comfort stop at Fosse Way Garden Centre which is just outside Moreton in the Marsh, after 45 miles. We used this last year.

We then head on to the lunch venue where a table is booked at 3.30pm.
You will need £1 for the pay and display car park which is refundable when you buy something. The reason for this is that the pub is on the banks of the Thames and is used by walkers, hence they pay. Pub customers have to pay and are reimbursed.

If you have walkie talkies please bring them along as they help to keep the group together.

We are looking for a volunteer to be the back marker and have a spare walkie talkie for them if they don't have their own. This is quite important as we have 10 cars in the convoy and there are some difficult junctions where we might get separated.

The drive is 100 miles so please have sufficient fuel. There is a petrol station just off the mini roundabout at Gaydon and another just past the coffee stop.

There will be an information sheet handed out on the day.

My phone number is 07939 067 367

See you on Sunday
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

"Never trade luck for skill."

Alpina D3BT - no 364 - Wifeys
Alpina B3S BT cabrio no 235 - Mine
Yes, we have one each

Philrose
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Philrose » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Arrangements are now in place at the venue and there are 21 of us dining
However, they are now full so we can't accept any more diners.
Hope the weather remains good and looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Yes, we have one each

SPA69
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by SPA69 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm happy to be the back marker..
Simon
E90 B3s BiTurbo Coupe
E46 B3s Saloon # 062
E30 C2 2.7
E30 325 Touring
E46 330ci Sport SOLD
Rover SDi V8
E36 M3 EVO SOLD
E34 535i SOLD

Philrose
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Philrose » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks Simon - much appreciated.

Yes, we have one each

I_MNL
ALPINA
ALPINA
Location: Manchester, Cheshire and Hertfordshire! Driving on the motorways...

Re: Pre Christmas Drive and Dine - Arrangements

Post by I_MNL » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:27 pm

Philrose wrote:Marise and I re ran the route today - in the M Roadster, with the top down, in the sun, at the end of November!
All the food orders that I received have been passed on and I've paid a deposit for everyone - so please make sure you turn up.

The start is the top car park at Gaydon - turn left just through the entrance. Meet at 10.15am. Chance for a chat and photos. We leave at 10.45am.

There will be a coffee/comfort stop at Fosse Way Garden Centre which is just outside Moreton in the Marsh, after 45 miles. We used this last year.

We then head on to the lunch venue where a table is booked at 3.30pm.
You will need £1 for the pay and display car park which is refundable when you buy something. The reason for this is that the pub is on the banks of the Thames and is used by walkers, hence they pay. Pub customers have to pay and are reimbursed.

If you have walkie talkies please bring them along as they help to keep the group together.

We are looking for a volunteer to be the back marker and have a spare walkie talkie for them if they don't have their own. This is quite important as we have 10 cars in the convoy and there are some difficult junctions where we might get separated.

The drive is 100 miles so please have sufficient fuel. There is a petrol station just off the mini roundabout at Gaydon and another just past the coffee stop.

There will be an information sheet handed out on the day.

My phone number is 07939 067 367

See you on Sunday
Thanks for this Phil! We can't wait :D
And the name is Marie-Noëlle or nick name MNL, NOT Marie or Noëlle ALONE; unless if you are looking for someone else and not me!!!
Car: D3 saloon 2007 and...a couple of cats made in 2003! and a little Scooby WRX STi...