New Alpina Spec Advice

Thinking of Buying one - ask your questions here.
Buying guides, Specific questions about a car, or about a particular model, ALPINA characteristics.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Leaping Deere

New Alpina Spec Advice

Post by Leaping Deere » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 am

Good Morning All,

New member here. Currently own a M135i but 90% sure I'm be moving to a D3 bi-turbo, if I can get it in to my budget.

I just have a couple of spec questions.

Ive seen quite a few with passenger/rear tinted/ blacked out windows, Can this be ordered in the optional equipment? If so what spec number is it?

Im not one for lots of toys in cars with exception to DAB and bluetooth connectivity. I know DAB's come as standard but Im a bit confused by bluetooth. I shouldn't need to upgrade to BMW professional correct? I don't require the enhanced one just the ability to make and receive calls using the cars audio?

Thanks in advance for the help.

GuyW
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by GuyW » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:58 pm

http://www.alpinaconfigurator.co.uk/

I don't know if you know about this, but it has lots of helpful info behind the i buttons.

It does answer your question on the bluetooth (zero cost option) but not on the privacy glass. Check with the BMW site or your local dealer?
Alpina D3 BT #232 (sod 2017)
Alpina D5 BT #021 (sold 2015)
Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo Coupe #087 (sold 2010)

Leaping Deere

Post by Leaping Deere » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Thanks for the link. However cant say it's answered the question.

The only bluetooth option I can see is the enhanced one as part of the BMW Professional package. I guess the basic bluetooth comes as standard?

However the BMW configuration seems to explain them better. The sun protection glass appears to be the tinted ones.

It's weird but I like to know exactly what vehicle I want before I go to the dealer.

GuyW
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by GuyW » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:02 pm

On the optional equipment tab of the Alpina configurator, there is an item number

6NS Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation with USB audio interface and Voice Control

which is a zero cost option? is that not what you want?

You have to be careful because ALPINA source there cars directly from German spec and then add the items they want for the UK market. You can't totally rely on the equivalent BMW UK spec.

flyboyben
ALPI
ALPI

Re: New Alpina Spec Advice

Post by flyboyben » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:53 am

Leaping Deere wrote: 90% sure I'm be moving to a D3 bi-turbo, if I can get it in to my budget.
Just a heads up, but Alpina aren't ones for discounting. I don't know what finance packages are available so there maybe some wiggle room there.
2005 Roadster S #306 - owned since 2018
2009 B3 Bi-turbo coupe #157 - owned since 2011
2015 F31 335d Xdrive - purchased Sept 2021

Leaping Deere

Post by Leaping Deere » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 am

GuyW wrote:On the optional equipment tab of the Alpina configurator, there is an item number

6NS Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation with USB audio interface and Voice Control

which is a zero cost option? is that not what you want?

You have to be careful because ALPINA source there cars directly from German spec and then add the items they want for the UK market. You can't totally rely on the equivalent BMW UK spec.
If you tick the 6NS it automatically adds BMW professional. Which I haven't got now in my car now and I'm not fussed about.

Leaping Deere

Post by Leaping Deere » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 am

flyboyben wrote:
Leaping Deere wrote: 90% sure I'm be moving to a D3 bi-turbo, if I can get it in to my budget.
Just a heads up, but Alpina aren't ones for discounting. I don't know what finance packages are available so there maybe some wiggle room there.
My current car is on a business contract hire so Im looking to do the same with this if the monthly payments are fair.

What are Alpina deprecations like? Not good ?

GuyW
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by GuyW » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:41 am

Leaping Deere wrote:
What are Alpina deprecations like? Not good ?
Generally on ALPINAs, the depreciation is steep. Full list price at the start doesn't help, and a B3 will often sell for less than an equivalent M3.

However, the diesels seem to be doing better. They don't have an equivalent in the BMW range, so they are holding better. I have had my D5 for 15 months and judging by the prices Sytner are charging for similar aged cars, I am doing better than a standard BMW.

I think the D3 will be the best of the lot given the reviews it has had, and the lack of a direct competitor from any manufacturer.