How much would you pay for a very good B3S...Now...

Thinking of Buying one - ask your questions here.
Buying guides, Specific questions about a car, or about a particular model, ALPINA characteristics.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

rc944
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by rc944 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:10 pm

so what is he holding out for out of interest? is there an ad we can see?
Porsche 997.1 GT3 CS I Alpina E46 B3s Coupe I Alpina E46 B3 3.3 Touring I Ducati 749S Mono I Ducati 748R I Ducati 749 Track Bike I Ducati 916S

graemel

Post by graemel » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:03 am

One of my best friends works at ML in the workshop and text me on sunday to say it had sold. Maybe i'm full of shit?

Me and him think its more like 10k but the woman who's bought it was happy with the price. As i'm sure the nice chap who owned it before!

tourings are where its at, due to rarity and usefulness. Hence the highest price a B3s has sold for for years! A nice similar car last year in estoril blue fetched 10k also.
I agree I think she has paid over the odds. But my sister really fell in love with the car. In the scheme of things it is only a couple of grand and lets face it unlike the other rubbish out there you aren't spoilt for choice.
She wrang me to ask my opinion before viewing the car. My other half had a B3 3.3 coupe a few years back. I said you will be suprised at just how well they handle without having a ride quality that would rattle your fillings out. They are sorting a few minor issues out before she picks it up. Personally as she has paid the asking price I think they are going the extra mile to make sure the car is absolutely mint for her. Stuff she never would have picked up on and from what I gather the guy at ML is a true petrol head.
I'm in the midst of pulling the trigger on a B3S Cab for the missus but I'll save that for another thread.

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:21 pm

graemel Its a fantastic car, i've seen it in the flesh several times and know its up there with the best.

For me its in the best colour scheme or one of my favourites and its loaded with options with sensible milege. There really isn't anything not to like about it. I heard your sister in law was after a Z4M originally?! Thats how good it is then as a B3s touring is the total opposite sort of car!

graemel

Post by graemel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 am

Funnily enough it is my niece that is after a Z4M which is how they found Munich Legends. My sister saw the advert for the B3S touring and went along for the ride and promptly bought the car after a test drive.
She has had all sorts including a Z4M Cab after a disaster with an M3 Cab.