Thinking about buying a Roadster S

Thinking of Buying one - ask your questions here.
Buying guides, Specific questions about a car, or about a particular model, ALPINA characteristics.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Tedi

Thinking about buying a Roadster S

Post by Tedi » Thu May 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Firstly hello to everyone on the Alpina Forum.

Have been looking at Z4`s but after seeing some photo`s of the Alpina version and reading some reviews then I am thinking that this may be a better option.

The car would be garaged stored and only be used for fun.

How much should I expect to pay and what should I look out for?

I can see 5 for sale;

1 on eBay with a hardtop for £10750 65k
1 on a garage website for £16950 (beyond budget)
1 on Autotrader for £10750 79k
1 on Autotrader for £14250 70k
1 on some obscure website for 6k with 25k miles (think this is a scam)

Advice appreciated.

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by B10BRW » Thu May 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Don't just think about it, go for it :lol:
Brilliant cars, much better than an M version, much cheaper to run and maintain.
Make sure you go for a Lux version, Sat Nav rear PDC etc, etc they are also easier to sell.
If you do go for one, you will have a permanent grin :D
The 16K one is over priced and the 6k one is a Scam.
I would say a good price to pay for one in good condition, with average miles would be around 13-14K, IMHO due to their rarity they should hold their value very well.

PerryGunn
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by PerryGunn » Thu May 23, 2013 1:58 pm

They are brilliant cars - but I might be a little bit biased :wink: - and I can thoroughly recommend them

To add to the others that you've found, there is one that is not even being advertised yet. I had an email from the husband of the owner of #289 last Monday letting me know that they are looking to sell. I've asked him for some more details as it's not on the register but I AFAIK it's a 55 plate non-lux Sterling Grey with red leather and I think they're based around Leicester

I must stress that I'm not touting this particular car as I have never seen it but if you would like to obtain more details feel free to PM me and I can let you have the contact details

Perry
Alpina Roadster S #320
BMW X3 F25 LCI 30d

Bricky

Post by Bricky » Wed May 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Sorry for the gratuitous plug....Mine is still up for sale. Mileage has crept up slightly from the advert to 23.5K and it's about to get 12 months MOT. Have been waiting for the better weather before advertising again. Reason for sale is we had a baby daughter back in October so car hardly gets used now.

http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/vie ... hp?t=13829