theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 Alpina B5s chassis/vin numbers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Buying Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alpinab5sowner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: 2009 Alpina B5s chassis/vin numbers Reply with quote

Hi - I am recently purchased 2009 Alpina B5s. In order to register the car with the traffic directorate, they need to use a vin/chasis number which is engraved on the car.

I couldn't locate any number under the bonnet of the car (like a typical bmw 5 series of the same model)

Unfortunately, the bmw vin on the windscreen and the alpina vin sticker on the door are not sufficient.

Any ideas of where I can look to find an engraved vin number? Under the seats? Under the car? Engine compartment?

Your help is highly appreciated
B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer in your first post Very Happy
Alpinab5sowner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B10BRW wrote:

Thank you for that. I checked and was not able to find a number on both suspension turrets.

My guess is, this part was probably replaced at some stage of the car's life and the vin was not re attached.

The alpina number is visible on a sticker on the door and the last 3 digits do match the plaque on the inside of the car.

My question is, is there any other place I can see either the bmw or alpina vin engraved on the car other than the suspension turrets?

Appreciate your help
PerryGunn
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpinab5sowner wrote:
B10BRW wrote:

Thank you for that. I checked and was not able to find a number on both suspension turrets.

My guess is, this part was probably replaced at some stage of the car's life and the vin was not re attached.

The alpina number is visible on a sticker on the door and the last 3 digits do match the plaque on the inside of the car.

My question is, is there any other place I can see either the bmw or alpina vin engraved on the car other than the suspension turrets?

Appreciate your help

People are posting responses in your other (identical) thread - I would suggest that you concentrate on that one and let this one die
Alpina Roadster S #320
BMW X3 F25 LCI 30d
Charles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thread is here

I am now locking this one to prevent confusion and duplication
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> ALPINA Buying Advice All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: