F32 D4 Biturbo #51

The place to discuss ALPINAs currently for sale - discussing ALPINAs other than your own.
ttrill
ALPI
ALPI

F32 D4 Biturbo #51

Post by ttrill » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi Guys,

I know there has been a previous thread on this car but it is still for sale!

I have been following this car since it was first listed on motors on 16/12/2018 at £27,995. This was the perfect spec for me with all the options i need as well as a good color combo. The miles are a tad too high but i'm not too phased by it. I waited for a while before i contacted the dealer and by this time the price was £26,495. Dealer has had it from new as it was his company car and I was pretty sold on the car. after this conversation however he seemed to stop talking to me (I wasnt wasting his time and am a serious buyer). i then left the car for a while and it had it's MOT, advisories from last year are not there anymore although the garage opposite in the photos does MOT's so not sure wether to trust it or not.

I went off the car for a while due to the dealer and it is a good 4 hour drive for me to go look at it but at about mid april the car came off motors and re appeared on week later with the wheels painted black Swear :sick. for me this has completely ruined the look of it although i guess the dealer just looked at all the other D4's for sale at the time as they had black alloys too. However, with the refurb came a £3000 increase which is absolutely obscene so i contacted again and clearly the dealer s*** himself knowing i knew what car previously was and now does not contact or respond to me at all.

Im mostly curious as to why it hasnt sold? Dealer? something wrong with the car?

Has anybody seen the car in person or know if anything is wrong with it?

Car is now listed at £24,495 :think :think

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-51534895/?i=12&m=sr
Toby

2011 D3BT #454
2019 440i Gran Coupe

Bob
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: F32 D4 Biturbo #51

Post by Bob » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:45 pm

As you probably noticed, I've been tracking the progress of #051 for sometime. I've never contacted the dealer, so this is only a formulated opinion.

The entry on the Register doesn't really tie with the story you relay from the dealer. Why is the keeper listed as Hidden Hearing Ltd, doesn't sound very like a car dealer?

As far as the price rise, it's not uncommon amongst Alpina which have been for sale a long time. #009 did pretty much the same thing, started at £34k in Aug-18, dropped to £27k by May-19, then back to £30k.

I think that there is fundamentally a lack of demand for diesel Alpina's currently that is why this (and others) have been for sale a while. As examples:
#009 was for sale 12mths and I still expect that to reappear soon with another dealer
#016 10mths and counting
#042 10mths and now sold
#059 8mths and counting
#123 11mths and counting

I would also say it’s location isn’t helping as it’s not particularly handy for many folk.

For info: I originally spotted #051 at £30k in mid Nov-18
B3 3.2 TOURING #062

ttrill
ALPI
ALPI

Re: F32 D4 Biturbo #51

Post by ttrill » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Thanks Bob, I dont expect it to sell quick but do question the length of time that it's been up for. Have you seen any other D4's with this spec? active cruise, heads up, comfort access etc. I saw the D3 touring #14 which would have also fit the bill but was moments too late on than :/
Toby

2011 D3BT #454
2019 440i Gran Coupe