E61 B5

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
Post Reply
Dans
AL
AL
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:47 am
Location: London

E61 B5

Post by Dans » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:26 pm

Finally decided to sell my B5 Touring. The green one, number 007. Valuing it was tricky as it has been almost totally rebuilt with only 3000 miles of mostly testing since an engine rebuild since the factory, the most costly of the rebuild jobs which totalled nearly £40k. So I've decided to use Chris Harris new collecting cars auction site for the sale and we'll see how it goes. https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/200 ... 1-touring/

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 1:33 pm
Location: Berks

Re: E61 B5

Post by Metrics » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:44 pm

Best of luck with the sale Dans, but I'm sure it will be snapped up in a heartbeat, the car really is a thing of beauty and a true credit to you and the thoroughness of your approach to the project. As I said on insta, it's a shame you can't enjoy it more, but I'm sure you have plenty of other things to keep you busy!
I'd buy it if I had the space!
Are you keeping the D3 a bit longer?
2012 Alpina D5 BiTurbo No. 13
2002 Alpina B10 V8S No. 60
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
2005 Audi TT 225
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet
1983 Mk1 Golf GTI

CaesarBob
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1225
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: E61 B5

Post by CaesarBob » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Good luck with the sale, that interior is amazing. You don’t have many pics to show it off though.
'97 E36 B3 3.2 Touring #062
'15 F32 420d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'11 E92 320d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'99 E36 328iA SE "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'89 E30 325iA M-Tech II "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'91 E30 318iS (Sold)

Dans
AL
AL
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:47 am
Location: London

Re: E61 B5

Post by Dans » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:50 pm

Metrics wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:44 pm
Best of luck with the sale Dans, but I'm sure it will be snapped up in a heartbeat, the car really is a thing of beauty and a true credit to you and the thoroughness of your approach to the project. As I said on insta, it's a shame you can't enjoy it more, but I'm sure you have plenty of other things to keep you busy!
I'd buy it if I had the space!
Are you keeping the D3 a bit longer?
Thank you, that's really kind! As to the D3, that's going to depend on what Alpina reveal on Monday....

PhillV8S
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Re: E61 B5

Post by PhillV8S » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:44 pm

I see this reached £24450 and remained unsold! I assume it didn’t reach the reserve price?
E39 B10 V8S #037 Saloon SOLD
Range Rover TDV8
Subaru Outback 3.0
E64 B6s Cabriolet #100

bobbly
ALP
ALP
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Where the bucks are.

Re: E61 B5

Post by bobbly » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 am

PhillV8S wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:44 pm
I see this reached £24450 and remained unsold! I assume it didn’t reach the reserve price?
Now on a 'buy it now' for £27k. Punchy when the only facelift ie B5S sold for under £20k, and the non standard aspects of the car slightly put me off, The other 7 owners must be feeling good about theirs, though :dance

CaesarBob
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1225
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: E61 B5

Post by CaesarBob » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:44 pm

bobbly wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 am
PhillV8S wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:44 pm
I see this reached £24450 and remained unsold! I assume it didn’t reach the reserve price?
Now on a 'buy it now' for £27k. Punchy when the only facelift ie B5S sold for under £20k, and the non standard aspects of the car slightly put me off, The other 7 owners must be feeling good about theirs, though :dance
It may be true that the B5S sold for less than £20k, but I have heard the new owner is looking down the barrel of an engine rebuild. Potentially not such a bargain.
'97 E36 B3 3.2 Touring #062
'15 F32 420d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'11 E92 320d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'99 E36 328iA SE "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'89 E30 325iA M-Tech II "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'91 E30 318iS (Sold)

CaesarBob
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1225
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: E61 B5

Post by CaesarBob » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:46 pm

Now showing as Sold for £27k
'97 E36 B3 3.2 Touring #062
'15 F32 420d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'11 E92 320d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'99 E36 328iA SE "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'89 E30 325iA M-Tech II "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'91 E30 318iS (Sold)

PhillV8S
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Re: E61 B5

Post by PhillV8S » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:10 pm

A good result for Dan. It was a lovely car in great condition when I saw it at Gaydon this year irrespective of the non OEM parts fitted. This is only 1 of 3 apparently so not many to choose from really!
E39 B10 V8S #037 Saloon SOLD
Range Rover TDV8
Subaru Outback 3.0
E64 B6s Cabriolet #100

Tarka
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:40 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: E61 B5

Post by Tarka » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Lovley looking car inside and out. Has obviously been looked after. I think it must be one of the most exclusive E61 Tourings out there...
1988 - E28 525i Lux
1987 - E24 635 CSi
1989 - E34 B10 3.5

bobbly
ALP
ALP
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Where the bucks are.

Re: E61 B5

Post by bobbly » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:31 pm

PhillV8S wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:10 pm
This is only 1 of 3 apparently so not many to choose from really!
There are 8 UK registered B5 tourings. Check the build figures for confirmation.
CaesarBob wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:44 pm
It may be true that the B5S sold for less than £20k, but I have heard the new owner is looking down the barrel of an engine rebuild. Potentially not such a bargain.
That will join the list of these supercharged units which have either self destructed or needed a rebuild at some stage (exc. supercharger issues, which are manifest)

PhillV8S
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Re: E61 B5

Post by PhillV8S » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:39 pm

bobbly wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:31 pm
PhillV8S wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:10 pm
This is only 1 of 3 apparently so not many to choose from really!
There are 8 UK registered B5 tourings. Check the build figures for confirmation.
CaesarBob wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:44 pm
It may be true that the B5S sold for less than £20k, but I have heard the new owner is looking down the barrel of an engine rebuild. Potentially not such a bargain.
That will join the list of these supercharged units which have either self destructed or needed a rebuild at some stage (exc. supercharger issues, which are manifest)
I think you were looking at the later model of B5. There were 4 sold and I believe 1 is no longer on the road.
5AB479D4-5476-4286-977A-73644062EA01.jpeg
5AB479D4-5476-4286-977A-73644062EA01.jpeg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 204 times
E39 B10 V8S #037 Saloon SOLD
Range Rover TDV8
Subaru Outback 3.0
E64 B6s Cabriolet #100

Dans
AL
AL
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:47 am
Location: London

Re: E61 B5

Post by Dans » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:14 pm

bobbly wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:31 pm
PhillV8S wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:10 pm
This is only 1 of 3 apparently so not many to choose from really!
There are 8 UK registered B5 tourings. Check the build figures for confirmation.
CaesarBob wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:44 pm
It may be true that the B5S sold for less than £20k, but I have heard the new owner is looking down the barrel of an engine rebuild. Potentially not such a bargain.
That will join the list of these supercharged units which have either self destructed or needed a rebuild at some stage (exc. supercharger issues, which are manifest)
No there were 4 E61 B5, they were the Green one (my old car), the Blue one (which was nicked and written off), the silver one and the Black one. there was also 1 E61 B5S.

Post Reply