Thinking of selling - BS3 Bi Turbo Touring 2018

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
Dans
AL
AL

Post by Dans » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:17 pm

ade and liz flint wrote:
Dans wrote:Couldn’t have put it better myself. They’re also muppets. Imagine forgetting to renew your type approval so that every car now has to go through SVA....
Imagine too that they had a discussion with VOSA about VIN numbers and didn't get the dual VIN situation past them? Guess which lucky muppet took his B3Sbiturbo for its annual mot shortly after VOSA's new edict came into force and guess which muppet had his car failed on the VIN situation? I was shown the very clear VOSA mot instructions recently issued regarding said dual VIN situation.

Yes I called Notts, yes they were aware of the impending change and no there was nothing they could do, yet. It was eventually sorted, but it cost this muppet one hell of a lot of hassle. Luckily I'm always at an mot station a calendar month early, so I wasn't off road whilst they worked this back. Hopeless, though.
Ouch, is that ongoing? I'm due a first MOT in the spring on the D3BT.

Oh and they didn't register the engines properly for emissions so you have to apply for each qualifying car to get them registered with TfL so they don't automatically get charged the new emission-based C-charge.

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Dans wrote:Ouch, is that ongoing? I'm due a first MOT in the spring on the D3BT.

Oh and they didn't register the engines properly for emissions so you have to apply for each qualifying car to get them registered with TfL so they don't automatically get charged the new emission-based C-charge.
No: sorted that straight after it happened to me as I was the 1st call to Notts to say WTF is going on? They then contacted VOSA and set wheels in motion to clear it. VOSA now accept dual VIN's....again. Back to their old criteria. Bizarrely the guy who had to fail my B3S had a rally spec works Citroen....with dual VIN! So, he felt the pain I did, too, and was pleased it reverted to previous rules. It does show the issues of low volume manufacturers if they don't actively engage with VOSA.

Not sure about your second para: earlier cars, yes. The D3 wasn't presented for emissions testing and is therefore PLG, not CO rated. Some owners had them individually recorded on CO for a lower RFL, but again this was an issue and far from straightforward to enact. Your D3BT is emission-based for RFL, as is my B3SBT, so you have no concerns.
Current:
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S

Dans
AL
AL

Post by Dans » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:27 pm

ade and liz flint wrote:
Dans wrote:Ouch, is that ongoing? I'm due a first MOT in the spring on the D3BT.

No: sorted that straight after it happened to me as I was the 1st call to Notts to say WTF is going on? They then contacted VOSA and set wheels in motion to clear it. VOSA now accept dual VIN's....again. Back to their old criteria. Bizarrely the guy who had to fail my B3S had a rally spec works Citroen....with dual VIN! So, he felt the pain I did, too, and was pleased it reverted to previous rules. It does show the issues of low volume manufacturers if they don't actively engage with VOSA.

Not sure about your second para: earlier cars, yes. The D3 wasn't presented for emissions testing and is therefore PLG, not CO rated. Some owners had them individually recorded on CO for a lower RFL, but again this was an issue and far from straightforward to enact. Your D3BT is emission-based for RFL, as is my B3SBT, so you have no concerns.
It's the ULEZ, when they announced it the D3BT was getting caught in it despite being Euro6 I had to get a CoC from Alpina to prove I could avoid paying. I think they've now accepted all of the cars post 2015 comply, but without a reg number of one I can't tell.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra- ... ecker-ulez

Norrie
ALPINA
ALPINA

alpina

Post by Norrie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:10 pm

I have read through a number of these posts with interest. There are some which are very emotive and perhaps border line in terms of claims and suggestions.

Pricing

Cars are property in Law, just like a House or even an animal. The seller agrees to sell and the buyer agrees or not to buy. Estimation of value is an opinion based on given knowledge or information. Its a fairly simple situation if the purchaser does not like the price they dont buy or the make a counter offer and the seller accepts or does not. There is no 100% right or wrong.

Operating costs

Main dealers have to meet a minimum required standard to retain franchise and BMW/ALPINA marque. Those operating costs are reflected to some extent in the offerings and pricing made, therefore for an exact comparison two sellers would need to be in a like for like exact same position.

Comfort versus risk

Personally I have taken the view that buying from a BMW/ALPINA authorised main dealer is best. It may be true that I have paid more than an offering from an independent dealer, someone working out of a barn or under the arches or a private individual. However, that assessment is a personal choice, it does not mean that I was right or wrong.

Values

There are many views and some are emotive, we recently discussed the E65 B7 on offer by Khan at 60K? This was misunderstood by a small number who suggested that I thought my car was worth that or something like it? I do not and did not take offence. However, perhaps there are more careful and sensitive approachs to these kind of debates would cause less concerns and more harmony.
E65 B7 4.4 V8 supercharged No 106 (1 of 7 in UK) - purely for pleasure
E 39 523i for winter and track day - leave it anywhere
E92 325i - written off by X5 I was not driving!
E92 335D Twin Turbo - sold to Sytner Alpina
E 60 - 525D new - sold to Cooper BMW
E 60 - 530D new - sold at auction
E 39 - 520i new - sold at auction
E 30 - 316i new Touring - sold at auction

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by hap » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:33 pm

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:40 pm

hap wrote:Now here at £63.5k

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... 18/9275734[/list]
not working for me Narinder like its gone!

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Metrics » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:56 pm

2012 Alpina D5 BiTurbo No. 13
2002 Alpina B10 V8S No. 60
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
2005 Audi TT 225
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet
1983 Mk1 Golf GTI

Burnham
ALP
ALP

Post by Burnham » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am

My D3 is almost certainly the first and last brand new car I'll ever own. Nothing to do with it being an Alpina though, more because of my circumstance.

That said, one of the decisions I made when buying it was that I had to admit to myself that I will need to hold onto it for a significant length of time mainly due to the horrific depreciation these seem to suffer early on. I did to spec it exactly as I wanted, and I generally keep my cars for 6 or 7 years on average, but I justified it it by planning to keep it for at least 10 years.

I'd imagine it will be worth nothing then, so that's still a £6k pa cost!
2016 Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo Touring No. 242